+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England Squad for Euros

England Squad for Euros

Recently I've started 'getting into' the England team a bit more mostly because of Kalvin tbh so started thinking who would I want to see in a squad at the Euros after seeing the laughable decision to pick Watkins ahead of Bamford for the latest squad. I don't think Bamford is good enough but if you're going to pick one you pick the one with more goals as neither is Watkins.

GK (3)
    Pope, Henderson, Pickford

Defenders (8)
    Maguire, Stones, White, Mings
    Wan Bissaka, Trent Alexander-Arnold
    Shaw, Chilwell

Midfielders (6)
    Phillips, Rice, Foden, Bellingham, Mount, Henderson

Wingers/Wide players (4)
    Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Grealish (Though I'm not sure about Sancho, never really done it for England)

Strikers (2)
    Kane, Calvert-Lewin

I'm counting Rashford here as someone who can move into a striker position and in all honest the rest of the options aren't good enough and if they're playing at Euros we might as well not bother going.

I'd then personally pick this line up-

GK- Pope (For me our best keeper and you pick your best keeper unless you're Barca and play tiki taka which Soutgate won't, he will **** the bed and play 4-3-2-1 with three holding mids probably)

LB- Chilwell (Only if he gets back into regular Chelsea team or I'd have Shaw)
    CB- Maguire
    CB- Stones
    RB- Trent Alexander-Arnold

CM- Phillips
    CM- Rice
    CAM- Foden

RM- Rashford
    LM- Sterling

ST- Kane

Think if you go with something like this, with both Phillips and Rice in there it gives full backs license to attack and Foden freedom to move out of position. Get Phillips pushing higher to disrupt them breaking out and win it back early like he does and then Rice just holding back and covering.

I'm probably being biased as I'd do anything to get Kalvin in and I think Southgate will just not play him to be honest.

On another note how the **** does Jesse Lingard get in the England team again? A few good performances for West Ham and he is back in! He is crap, having a rare spurt of good form but nothing more.

Oh and Eric Dier, quite possibly the ****test and most over rated player in the squad. He is a crap centre back and even worse in midfield.

Surprised Reece James not selected think he is a beast of a player.

Would have Grealish and Mount in the starting xI too

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Surprised Reece James not selected think he is a beast of a player.

Would have Grealish and Mount in the starting xI too

Problem for me with Mount is he is just not in the same class as Foden or Grealish. I'd play Grealish but for me he plays outwide and I don't think he is better than Sterling or Rashford.

It’s great that England have a lot of creative talent to choose from though

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    It’s great that England have a lot of creative talent to choose from though
    Yep shame they've got a fraud in charge who won't utilise them properly. We will just end up with some dull defensive formation designed to make us hard to beat like we are some pub team up against Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Yep shame they've got a fraud in charge who won't utilise them properly. We will just end up with some dull defensive formation designed to make us hard to beat like we are some pub team up against Man City.
    Is Ashley Barnes not English? Very puzzled on his omission unless he is Brazilian or Polish or possibly injured. Wasn't bothered by Bamford's omission until I noticed Watkins' selection. How can Southgate prefer Watkins over Bamford, is the question. Agree with Joel,- laughable.

stopped watching England games years ago, utter gash.

I'm a glutton for punishment of course lol, but I DO support my country as much as I support my club.
    Come on England, with the Euro's to come this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Is Ashley Barnes not English? Very puzzled on his omission unless he is Brazilian or Polish or possibly injured. Wasn't bothered by Bamford's omission until I noticed Watkins' selection. How can Southgate prefer Watkins over Bamford, is the question. Agree with Joel,- laughable.
    Oops. Got the wrong Barnes. Thinking of Harvey Barnes who is out injured.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)