+ Visit Walsall FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GasTank The Walsall Mad Mod

GasTank The Walsall Mad Mod

Some of you, I know Alf & Alto will, remember Walsall Mad being one of the busiest and best boards on this site.

It was run by Zidane, sadlad & Shilts who did an excellent job but decided to leave and create Walsall Web Fans. They left GasTank in charge and he became MOD of the said board.

He was alone there bar the occasional poster popping in from time to time. I used to make a point of making chat with him. Because I did meet him and a few other Walsall Mad posters in the 'members' area of the Saddlers Club. He made a point of coming over to me and saying he enjoyed my posts on the site. I have a huge respect for these Walsall Fans and when we met up at Swindon on one of the occasions they almost took the roof off with their singing in the Historic Grade II listed Cricket Club Club House.

I thought he was living in Holland but sadlad informed me it was Hungary where he was living.

GasTank told me on that day that he had to apologise for his poor English as he has been living abroad for so long he had forgotten some of his English. It was a rare visit to his beloved Saddlers.

My chat with him was all too brief as it always is at these meets. I have met with Walsall fans on several occasions and they all are a tremendously loyal bunch.

GasTank stopped replying to my posts quite a while back and I drifted away. Nowadays I only visit England Madand very rarely look on other Mad Boards now.

I think it is right to post this and it would be nice if you read this to leave a note for him. I have shed a few tears last night and I am welling up right now so I will end it here.

R.I.P. GasTank gone but not forgotten

Life is a bitch because at the end is death which is horrible.

Goodnight Gas, You was one of the Good uns, R.I.P. Saddler

RIP Fella,
    At ease now.

I posted him once about something that he didn't like going on at Walsall and the reply came back in (a proper Brummie accent)...

"It's a disgrace!"

R.I.P. mate.

Sad to hear this news yesterday of a popular Saddler on here passing away. R.I.P. Gas.

R.I.P. Gas,so sad to hear one of our fellow posters has passed on. Had some good times on Walsall mad before everybody moved on to other boards.. Sad news indeed. R.I.P Saddler.

sound like a good dude.....got Harp power now.

Cheers to You.

Quote Originally Posted by sadlad View Post
    Sad to hear this news yesterday of a popular Saddler on here passing away. R.I.P. Gas.
    Nice to hear from you Dave, sorry its on a sad occassion, hope all is good with you and yours Jasper

Thanks to you guys for taking the time to comment here

Cheers Mike All good here my friend. Hope you doing grand too. UTC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast