+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Beatrix Potter, Harry Potter, Cherry Potter

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agreed about his lack of managerial experience but he must have learned something...surely
    Yes but there are countless players who were very good players and who know football but who don't make good managers. In fact there are many examples of top class managers who were not very good players.

So why would Rooney automatically be a good coach or manager? he may develop into one but I'm not seeing it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Arghhh no he signed a 2.5 year deal till summer 2023
    Your right, he is not likely to be on £100K a week as a manager so some saving their on the player wage bill, but to get rid will require payment of compensation. Mind you if we get relegated then it won't have saved any money!

A spell in thee third division may do us good, and games against Ipswich, Sunderland, Wednesday will make it like the old days in the premiership.

Plus an away game at Forest (Green)

Well there are a few grounds that I haven't visited but there are some "big" teams languishing in that division finding it a struggle to get out and financially it would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    A spell in thee third division may do us good, and games against Ipswich, Sunderland, Wednesday will make it like the old days in the premiership.

Plus an away game at Forest (Green)
    Clutching at straws. I don’t know how ‘a spell’ in League One (Div. 3) has ever done anyone any good. Just a very tough league to get out of unless you follow the Bolton and Oldham routes. Just ask Sunderland and Ipswich...sides with ‘history’ just become somebody else’s ‘cup final’ every week.

then look at the number of teams that have come bak stronger from a spell in 3rd division and gone through the chmpionships to the top - Manchester City, Aston Villa, Southampton, leeds, Forest (almost), Norwich a couple of times, Wolves, Sheffield United, Fulham - a lot of teams dropped back, rebuilt and were stronger for it.

Anyway its better to clutch at straws than sit in foolish hope that we can cling on to championship status and go down next year instead. I dont see any investment coming in that will allow us to buy the right players. So lets embrace our fate and not grieve what might have been.

I agree GP, what will be will be!
    We have been mis-managed for a number of seasons and we are now reaping it's unpleasant rewards!
    For Mel's sake (and obviously for all who are connected with and support this stricken Club) I hope we get out of this utter mess because the fall out does not bear thinking about. Yes, we couldn't comeback stronger and we could find another Arthur Cox but on the other hand.............!
    I agree with others, lose to Luton and we are dead and buried IMO! I think defeat will finish the players off and chuck other clubs in this **** a morals boosting lifeline!

'Could comeback stronger'

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    then look at the number of teams that have come bak stronger from a spell in 3rd division and gone through the chmpionships to the top - Manchester City, Aston Villa, Southampton, leeds, Forest (almost), Norwich a couple of times, Wolves, Sheffield United, Fulham - a lot of teams dropped back, rebuilt and were stronger for it.

Anyway its better to clutch at straws than sit in foolish hope that we can cling on to championship status and go down next year instead. I dont see any investment coming in that will allow us to buy the right players. So lets embrace our fate and not grieve what might have been.
    Take your point but I think it’s almost fifty years since Villa were down there, approaching 25 for Man. City and ten years even for Southampton. Not sure we’ve got that long...and given the choice, which seems increasingly unlikely, I’d prefer to avoid relegation and not find out.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Take your point but I think it’s almost fifty years since Villa were down there, approaching 25 for Man. City and ten years even for Southampton. Not sure we’ve got that long...and given the choice, which seems increasingly unlikely, I’d prefer to avoid relegation and not find out.
    What makes you think we will be any better next season?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)