+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beatrix Potter, Harry Potter, Cherry Potter

What a mess we have become

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    What makes you think we will be any better next season?
    Accept that too. Would have thought we’d be a better proposition for potential investors as a Championship club rather than a League One one, but the Championship is going to be as tough as ever next season and without such investment I imagine it’ll just be another season of struggle...as Adi says....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    What makes you think we will be any better next season?
    This league 1 nonsense is a fallacy. yes some clubs came back stronger, some did this because they had the investment to be able to rebuild. if we don't have further investment and are reliant on Mel, then we will be reliant on revenue which would be much less in league 1 and further our decline.

There is the opportunity to reset in the summer, get some players off the wage bill and even without a takeover we would still have a better budget than at least half of the championship.

Rooney, assuming he remains the manager, would be able to get players in after having time to establish what is needed (assuming we can afford it of course) rather than scrabbling around mid season for available loans to make up the numbers.

I don't think it would take too many players to make this team a top half club, add in perhaps a couple of quality loans and who knows, if Barnsley can do it on their budget, its well within Derby's grasp.

Following last week's training ground spat, it's quite likely we may lose Waggy in the summer. Based on this season's performances no great loss. It would, hoever, see one of our biggest earners off the books. He's not likely to get as much elsewhere either.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Following last week's training ground spat, it's quite likely we may lose Waggy in the summer. Based on this season's performances no great loss. It would, hoever, see one of our biggest earners off the books. He's not likely to get as much elsewhere either.
    Training ground spat? Missed that...between who?

Feel a bit sorry for Waghorn...not sure any of the three managers he’s had at Derby have allowed him to play to his strengths. He’s 31 and scored over 125 career goals. I know he can be frustrating but with a squad that can’t buy a goal it seems strange that we leave out the only proven goal scorer we’ve got especially given Gregory’s unavailability.

He should have played up front on Saturday, it's his strongest position, and he's proven at this level, he's even done it for us in the past. Whilst there's no evidence of a "spat", I can't help but feel that he would be rightly frustrated at not being given the opportunity. Especially as our other 2 strikers were unfit / ineligible.

If we stay up, I don't think we're in that bad a place squad wise, it is already stripped back and almost a clean slate for any manager. Whether Rooney can be trusted with a budget remains to be seen, I'm not overly impressed with his loan signings, but with a bit of preparation time maybe he'll get it right. I dislike that it is a gamble, with no form guide.

Rooney quoted in the DET syaing that Waggy's efforts in training on Friday were well below the required levels and also something about "unacceptable behaviour" being the reasons he was left out of the squad against Stoke.

Rooney quoted in the DET syaing that Waggy's efforts in training on Friday were well below the required levels and also something about "unacceptable behaviour" being the reasons he was left out of the squad against Stoke.
    Something like "your not ****ing playing me up front when you've no fit strikers FFS Gaffer do you have a brain?" perhaps?

Bad sign. Always thought of him as being a true ‘professional’. He lives nearby, and has a very good reputation locally which isn’t always the case with ‘local superstars’.

Well if he doesn't rate the manager, or is pissed off with not being played in his strongest position even when there are no alternatives one can perhaps understand.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)