+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Yeovil Town 20.03.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Sorry that sounded rude..!
    Answer elites question..apologies.
    I meant you should have answered elites question
    Xxxx
    Another post about it so soon? So persistent . Don't worry petal just look earlier on the thread and all questions answered.

Very protective awwww

Well done Notts, well done lads and well done Neal.

Now don't let us down with defeat on Tuesday. I'd take a draw after today's result but no reason we can't win again.

I won't be happy with anything less than a win, Ardley is still on thin ice for me.

I think it will be extremely interesting to see the starting line up on Tuesday. A win would be great, a draw would be a good result in normal times but if we're to truly mount a challenge we need to string some wins together right about now methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think it will be extremely interesting to see the starting line up on Tuesday. A win would be great, a draw would be a good result in normal times but if we're to truly mount a challenge we need to string some wins together right about now methinks.
    Given the result today Swale, and the way we comfortably won, I will be very disappointed if we don’t come away with all Three points,

Really happy with the three points especially for the players and Ardley to give them some belief. Good performance and another unbeaten so let's keep it going!

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If 3-5-2 is now the preference, let's hope the manager sticks with it. The players need a consistent set-up that the whole squad can get to know, where even if the personnel has to change for injuries or rest, the player coming in already knows what their role is.
    Exactly so, jackal2. If Ardley thinks the 3-5-2 is working then the players need to practice that and no other. Players will adapt this system if they see it works, they know their limitations but they can learn. We have seen how the high-press has been used against us to good effect so lets see if we can combat that by starting games on the front foot rather than tapping the ball around in our half, tempting disaster. So many teams have only one game-plan and find it difficult to change their style half-way through a game. The enemy won't be so keen to commit midfield players forward if they are outflanked by black and white legends from the start. They don't like it up 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yeovil looked very poor today, so I’d be disappointed if we don’t pick up three more points on Tuesday. I assume Turner will start in place of Lacey, maybe DKE in place of Enzio. Tuesday may also be a chance to rotate in midfield - ideally resting Doyle, but I’ll believe that when I see it. We’ll also need to change things up top - maybe Knowles for Effiong.

I'd keep the team the same except DKE in midfield for Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I'd keep the team the same except DKE in midfield for Doyle
    A nice idea; I’ve wondered how DKE would do in midfield. He’d be like a terrier and give the opposition no rest.

The lineup will indeed be interesting.

Recent talk on here of not changing a winning side, you don't change a winning side!! However as nw6 suggests I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of changes with the game only being a couple of days away.

Turner for Lacey is a straight swap so no issue but Knowles and Effiong are polar opposites. I'd suggest it's hard to have the same approach when playing one or the other of those two when their strengths and weaknesses are so different.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast