+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Irresponsible Dundee University students

Irresponsible Dundee University students

It has been reported that 36 Dundee University students have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus as a result of attending a party last Sunday in a student flat.
    In my opinion this is highly irresponsible and anti social. People cannot meet their loved ones and football fans still cannot attend football matches yet these students seem to think that they are above the law.
    The worrying thing is that some of these students might running the U.K. in thirty years time.
    These students should be thrown out of Dundee University due to them breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    People cannot meet their loved ones and football fans still cannot attend football matches yet these students seem to think that they are above the law.
    The worrying thing is that some of these students might running the U.K. in thirty years time.
    These students should be thrown out of Dundee University due to them breaking the law.

Islay, Can i ask what is your opinion of people who travelled from one part of Scotland, lets say maybe one of the Islands to the mainland,then staying a few months on the mainland and then travelling back to the Islands during the current stay at home restriction?

Do you think they are above the law?

Would you class them as breaking the rules? Assuming of course none of this travelling etc was for essential reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Islay, Can i ask what is your opinion of people who travelled from one part of Scotland, lets say maybe one of the Islands to the mainland,then staying a few months on the mainland and then travelling back to the Islands during the current stay at home restriction?

Do you think they are above the law?

Would you class them as breaking the rules? Assuming of course none of this travelling etc was for essential reasons?
    Such a person should be put in jail, or at the very least be banned from using the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Such a person should be put in jail, or at the very least be banned from using the internet.
    If I did not know better I might think you were teasing Islay.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    If I did not know better I might think you were teasing Islay.
    Surely Islay wouldn’t have been such a person?

If Islay travelled he's not alone.

When will people wake up to this bull.....probably never.

I drove up to Glencoe with a mate yesterday. We went hill walking and saw one other person all day, out in the wide open spaces, 700m up in the air, near the top of a mountain and we passed about 10 feet away from him. Seemingly all three of us will now die a slow horrible death if you believe the pish being spouted, not because we were where we were or because two of us travelled in the same car, oh no, it's because that car travelled from Dundee into Angus, into Perthshire, Into Stirlingshire, into Argyll and Bute then into Highland. Have you ever in your entire life heard such total pish?

How on earth is crossing imaginary borders in an enclosed vehicle considered a serious Covid risk when going into Tesco Kingsway and passing within two feet of multiple total strangers isn't?

Just total bull****..... people need to waken up and realise we're having the pish ripped right out of us by clueless scientists that are guessing and making it up (badly) as they go along? Now they're trying to make predictions of what might happen six or more months from now when they can't even see what's happening now - and our gullible government are listening to them. What the **** is going on in this country? Why do people accept this nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I drove up to Glencoe with a mate yesterday. We went hill walking and saw one other person all day, out in the wide open spaces, 700m up in the air, near the top of a mountain and we passed about 10 feet away from him. Seemingly all three of us will now die a slow horrible death if you believe the pish being spouted, not because we were where we were or because two of us travelled in the same car, oh no, it's because that car travelled from Dundee into Angus, into Perthshire, Into Stirlingshire, into Argyll and Bute then into Highland. Have you ever in your entire life heard such total pish?

How on earth is crossing imaginary borders in an enclosed vehicle considered a serious Covid risk when going into Tesco Kingsway and passing within two feet of multiple total strangers isn't?

Just total bull****..... people need to waken up and realise we're having the pish ripped right out of us by clueless scientists that are guessing and making it up (badly) as they go along? Now they're trying to make predictions of what might happen six or more months from now when they can't even see what's happening now - and our gullible government are listening to them. What the **** is going on in this country? Why do people accept this nonsense?
    Seriously thank ****.

I honestly think folk have went mad.

I'll top your tale.

I play golf at a course in Fife, cause I'm not from Fife I can only play in a two and with no one from Fife.......Fife folk can play in a four.

Now that means you can travel from north queensferry and play in a 4 at a course 4 miles from Dundee but if you are from Dundee only in a two.........Dundee has a lower "infection rate" than Fife.🤣

Also if you are from Fife you can play "organised" golf....ie a club medal....but if you are from Dundee you can't because there's a risk....a risk of what I'm no sure.

And what worries me is folk take this guff completely seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Seriously thank ****.

I honestly think folk have went mad.

I'll top your tale.

I play golf at a course in Fife, cause I'm not from Fife I can only play in a two and with no one from Fife.......Fife folk can play in a four.

Now that means you can travel from north queensferry and play in a 4 at a course 4 miles from Dundee but if you are from Dundee only in a two.........Dundee has a lower "infection rate" than Fife.��

Also if you are from Fife you can play "organised" golf....ie a club medal....but if you are from Dundee you can't because there's a risk....a risk of what I'm no sure.

And what worries me is folk take this guff completely seriously.
    I'm shaking my head as I type this.

Still, they're keeping us all safe I suppose; less chance of being hit by a 1B if you're in your garden getting pished with the wife and two people from another household - but just don't let either yours or their grown up children that are still living with you join in as that would be terribly, terribly dangerous and you'd all die.

So we'll just ignore what this thread is about and why there are restrictions in place and go on some epic rants about hill walking and golfing in fife, phukk me, pass the tinfoil

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)