+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: While Armstrong's away

While Armstrong's away

We can really play!
    That was a pretty decent performance and one that on another day,might of grabbed a winner.
    Now an international break 😴

Got to change this style of play. Start with SG up front for the rest of the season. Armstrong will be off anyway. And if he does play, stick him out wide. Gally has been absolutely wasted in his time here. Same with Brereton. We simply must find a new way of playing for next season that is without Dack or Arma. We have 2 strikers. Use them.
    Excellent performance yesterday and after the break until the end of the season we play every side under us in the table. So we can try get some points on the board and try finish the season positively.

Absolutely spot on.
    Cash in on Armstrong and improve the team.
    In my opinion we don't need a raft of players coming in,just the current ones played in their correct positions.
    Right from the beginning of his time here mowbray has loved the square pegs in round holes.
    I still stand by my statement that we need a young manager with new ideas to push this squad forward.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Absolutely spot on.
    Cash in on Armstrong and improve the team.
    In my opinion we don't need a raft of players coming in,just the current ones played in their correct positions.
    Right from the beginning of his time here mowbray has loved the square pegs in round holes.
    I still stand by my statement that we need a young manager with new ideas to push this squad forward.
    There is a slight issue with Armstrong. Newcastle get 40% of any fee.
    No Prem side will part with anything like what we need to make any real money on this deal. He isn't high in demand, or that good. I still believe Newcastle will end up coming down, so it will be a case of us striking up some kind of deal where we get something and they get him back. If we ended up getting around £5-7m I will be shocked.

What is coming more and more clear, the real issues with our side isn't actually in defence anymore. It's upfront.
    Something has to change next season or we could struggle.
    The one I want us to get back is that Harwood Bellis who has been excellent.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)