+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Who stays ? Who goes ?

I agree. Milne wouldn’t put his hand in his pocket in the way Cormack appears to be doing. Provided the club is properly run and we don’t do a Gretna, etc. then I think he’s the right man for the times. Just needs to keep us up and see us through the next few seasons, ideally with a stadium move and a cup or two.

Compared to the rubbish we were being subjected to at the start of 2021 I’m still ok with where we are now. That said, if we lose Hedges/Ramsay/Ferguson in this window then the recruitment will need to be a darn sight better than in the summer.

Raked in £5m in the last 12 months and spent less than £1/2M - Hearts, Hibs etc. survived Covid without sales so we should be in a good position not to totally rely on freebies and hopeless loans from down south.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post
    Raked in £5m in the last 12 months and spent less than £1/2M - Hearts, Hibs etc. survived Covid without sales so we should be in a good position not to totally rely on freebies and hopeless loans from down south.
    We are Aberdeen , hopeless loans from down south are ingrained in our (Aber)DNA.

It's a real heidscratcher ,,,, in flashes, we look like the real deal .... but in 'other flashes' ... a 'bum deal' .... Much as Ah appreciate Considine's service, and feel constant criticism of his performances hae been over the top, and oft-times, oot o' the hat, I think what we have as a defence right now, has grown ,,, and continues to do so.
    Therefore, We need tae keep Ramsay, McKenzie, Bates, McRorie, Gallacher ..... and dare I say: Hayes! .... Jonny Hayes might nae hae done the turn he used tae for a while, but ... errr he's playin as a wing back .... and as such, he's daein that job pretty well ... and noo and again, becomes a winger. OK, nae the winger he was, but in the absence o' a decent left winger??? Fit ye sayin?

Mid .... Scott Broon has one mair year at best .... Ye can gamble on a replacement ... but it's either a huge cost or huge risk. Better plan? Organise for Dean Campbell tae get a blowjob, followed by a motivational talk every day, and he will cross that white line like he painted it, and walk on that turf like he grew it!

I am aware noo, that a puckly folk are readin' this, shakkin their heids, whilst utterin' the words ... f**kin eedjit ....

In which case I shouldna even comment on the forward mids .... cos it's the difference between standin' too close tae the edge o' a cliff ... an' flappin yer airms an shoutin' 'Geronimo' ...

But .... McLennan? My faith is exhausted. McGinn? Simply exhausted. Ojo? ... errrm ... flip a coin ... and yet, keep because we are likely tae lose Ferguson and Hedges .... and we could end up wi worse than Ojo (noo. if Ah said that a year ago ... ****! Ah'd hae been jailed for assisted attempted/suicide )

Jet? .... Fae fit I see on screened matches, he's a crafty. clever link player .. often finds a pass which blindsides the opposition. Unfortunately, it all too often blindsides oor ain! ... sort that oot, and he's an asset!

Forward players? ... canna judge because service tae them has been pish ... Cosgrove would hae done better wi the scraps on offer, Ramirez has done nae bad.

If across the board all the above were capable o' directin shots on target, a few mair will def hae beaten the keeper,

Work on that, and we dinna need tae splash oot .... itherwise?

We need a tenacious wide either side. A couple o' quick thinkin. ball retainin central mids. a back up def mid, a better centre half, and a striker fa can control the ba in the opposition penalty area. .... Onythin else is a bonus!
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 29-12-2021 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    It's a real heidscratcher ,,,, in flashes, we look like the real deal .... but in 'other flashes' ... a 'bum deal' .... Much as Ah appreciate Considine's service, and feel constant criticism of his performances hae been over the top, and oft-times, oot o' the hat, I think what we have as a defence right now, has grown ,,, and continues to do so.
    Therefore, We need tae keep Ramsay, McKenzie, Bates, McRorie, Gallacher ..... and dare I say: Hayes! .... Jonny Hayes might nae hae done the turn he used tae for a while, but ... errr he's playin as a wing back .... and as such, he's daein that job pretty well ... and noo and again, becomes a winger. OK, nae the winger he was, but in the absence o' a decent left winger??? Fit ye sayin?

Mid .... Scott Broon has one mair year at best .... Ye can gamble on a replacement ... but it's either a huge cost or huge risk. Better plan? Organise for Dean Campbell tae get a blowjob, followed by a motivational talk every day, and he will cross that white line like he painted it, and walk on that turf like he grew it!

I am aware noo, that a puckly folk are readin' this, shakkin their heids, whilst utterin' the words ... f**kin eedjit ....

In which case I shouldna even comment on the forward mids .... cos it's the difference between standin' too close tae the edge o' a cliff ... an' flappin yer airms an shoutin' 'Geronimo' ...

But .... McLennan? My faith is exhausted. McGinn? Simply exhausted. Ojo? ... errrm ... flip a coin ... and yet, keep because we are likely tae lose Ferguson and Hedges .... and we could end up wi worse than Ojo (noo. if Ah said that a year ago ... ****! Ah'd hae been jailed for assisted attempted/suicide )

Jet? .... Fae fit I see on screened matches, he's a crafty. clever link player .. often finds a pass which blindsides the opposition. Unfortunately, it all too often blindsides oor ain! ... sort that oot, and he's an asset!

Forward players? ... canna judge because service tae them has been pish ... Cosgrove would hae done better wi the scraps on offer, Ramirez has done nae bad.

If across the board all the above were capable o' directin shots on target, a few mair will def hae beaten the keeper,

Work on that, and we dinna need tae splash oot .... itherwise?

We need a tenacious wide either side. A couple o' quick thinkin. ball retainin central mids. a back up def mid, a better centre half, and a striker fa can control the ba in the opposition penalty area. .... Onythin else is a bonus!
    Yup. Don`t disagree with any of that.

Reckon Ferguson , Ramsey and Hedges will be gone. Probably in January. Definitely by end of season. ( Oh , and Hernandez must be sold to NFL or whitever surely ? )

We can limp along with Ojo at RB. although he`s caught out defending as much as our previous adored RB was .

McRorie looks a cert to be moved into midfield role ? Well he should be. !! If/When Ferguson goes.

That leaves us wanting yet another Centre Half. Must be one out there ?

Biggest challenge is getting some new winger-like attckers in. We`ll probably use Fergie cash to buy McGrath. But we still need some blokes to whing the ball in for Ramirez. ( Boy done well without enough chances laid on . )

I wouldn't be surprised if there were teams looking at Ramirez.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    McRorie looks a cert to be moved into midfield role ?
    Please no, he's come on to a good game at CB. Arguably our player of the season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Please no, he's come on to a good game at CB. Arguably our player of the season so far.
    ^^^^^ This with bells on.

Finally it looks like we have a central defender that can also play football. He's still not finished but i would have more confidence of him bringing out the ball than i would Gallacher bringing out the rubbish. McGeogh can play the holding role when Brown retires - there's no way we could afford a younger like for like. A more dynamic midfielder to replace Ferguson and a winger to replace McLennan/McGinn/Kennedy should all be achievable.

Fcuk sake the the transfer window has been open for ages and we have not signed anyone yet,
    Wtf is the club doing about this 🤦*♂️

When does it Slam Shut?

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast