+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Who stays ? Who goes ?

Seen that ,wierd he got good reviews while out on loan,now being offered trials at a team who could possibly be promoted .
    That's kind of player we should be giving a chance and hopefully sell on .

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Seen that ,wierd he got good reviews while out on loan,now being offered trials at a team who could possibly be promoted .
    That's kind of player we should be giving a chance and hopefully sell on .
    This year's Ethan Ross or somebody who is going to make it?

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    This year's Ethan Ross or somebody who is going to make it?
    If we’re waiting to find out, we’ll never afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Perhaps it's real money, you know, actual cash.

Swop an 18 year old for a team rebuild sounds good business to me.

Money at this stage allows us to buy the players we need for next season, or perhaps you'd like to wait until the last few hours of the transfer window, hoping for more.

Anyway, the board will be very much aware just how many real offers have been or are liable to be made.

Added to that, Ramsey himself has a say where he goes, the days of saying " pack your bags, we've sold you to Sunderland" are over.

If he refuses to go where we want to sell him then we face next season without a team.

Take the money and wish the player a' the best.
    Reading between the lines, it sounds to me as if Calvin wants to go to Liverpool as much as we want to sell him to them but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    What’s the problem with Luke Turner? Did he knock back a contract offer or was he not given one?
    Goodwin reveals why Turner is set for exit
    (The Press and Journal)

Aberdeen boss Jim Goodwin confirmed defender Luke Turner was not offered a new deal as he didn’t want to block the path of other young centre-backs.

Nottingham Forest are lining up a move for young defender Turner.

The 19-year-old has enjoyed a successful loan at Northern Irish side Cliftonville.

Turner was named Northern Ireland Young Player of the Year earlier this week.

Turner is out of contract at Pittodrie at the end of the season and Goodwin has opted not to offer the **** a new deal.

Championship side Nottingham Forest have targeted a free transfer for the **** and have offered to take him on trial.

Goodwin believes Turner is “a little bit short” of what Aberdeen require in that position.

He said: “Luke has had a really good loan period over in Northern Ireland and has done particularly well.

“However, we just believe it’s a little bit short for what we’re looking at in that area.

“We’ve got another one or two good young centrebacks coming through the system and you’re always wary of blocking that pathway.”
    Turner played a key role for Cliftonville in a campaign where they lost out on the Northern Ireland Premiership title by a solitary point.
    Goodwin believes it is in Turner’s best interests to sign on permanently with another club.

He said: “It would have been easy to give the young man another year or two and do the same again with him next year.

“But we felt it was right just to give him the opportunity to go and find something a bit more permanent somewhere else.”

Edit: I assume that the **** is the nervous censor’s redaction of ‘’tene’ (anag) rather than ‘nutc’ (anag), or ‘fkcu’ (anag)
    Last edited by 57vintage; 11-05-2022 at 07:04 AM.

Short on ability or height? He’s a 6ft player of the year & our first choice CBs are dugsh1t. I’ll trust Goodwins judgment just now, but if this kid goes on to be the next Willie Miller, I’ll be unhappier than usual

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Short on ability or height? He’s a 6ft player of the year & our first choice CBs are dugsh1t. I’ll trust Goodwins judgment just now, but if this kid goes on to be the next Willie Miller, I’ll be unhappier than usual
    Polvara was player of the year in the US Collegeball so I'm not reading anything into being the best young player in a sh1t league. Managers live or die by their signings -(and non-signings) so as you say we just need to let Goodwin get on with it and the proof will be in the pudding in who he brings in to replace Gallacher and Bates.

Over the years there are not that many youngsters that we have let go for nothing that have gone on to stellar careers, law of averages says that Turner will be the next in that long list

He surely has to be better than Bates

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    He surely has to be better than Bates
    Ok. Here we go with some pretenscious twaddle ; Both Gallacher & Bates would be better in a back three , where the other two centrebacks can cover for each other. It worked at Murrwell with the boy ?

Bates would be better playing like Beckenbaur. ( I know !! I know...) getting the ball and playing out from the back. He is better in carrying a ball and passing forward than any of of recent Centre backs . Even thon boy who went to Forest.

( Actually , maybe Alan Hansen would be better comparison. He was sheee ite as a defender , but was lauded for hiis " attacking " abilities ? > Every game I ever saw when he played for Liverpool, it was his fault from bd marking if they lost a goal.

Although , overall, it would probably best for us , as a club, to wipe the slate clean and just find two Centre backs that can defend. Even if it meant hoofing the ball clear, at first. Till we can also find a creative playmker, two acceptable wingers, and two strikers who can score a min of 10-15 goals a season. EASY !!!!

Confirmed that McGeogh and Ojo are gone along with the loanees.

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast