+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last 9 games

Last 9 games

So after my previous thread on what I thought we needed from that run of fixtures where I thought we needed 15 points from 11 weve amassed 16 points already though with the addition of the Southampton game to that run, I'd expect us to beat Sheff Utd so 19 points from that run is a bloody good return from 12 games in context if we did that over a season we'd end up with 60-65 points!

So now the tougher part which is why I hoped we'd guaranteed safety by this point which we have bar some mathematical magic from every single team below us. Coming up we have (i've left Sheff U out of this)

Man City (A) Lose- some kind of cricket score 6-2 etc
    Liverpool (H) Draw
    Man U (H) Lose - either get smashed or win, don't see any other result
    Brighton (A) Draw
    Spurs (H) Draw
    Burnley (A) Draw
    Saints (A) Win
    West Brom (H) Win and a nice 5-0 to finish the season

Honestly think I'm being optimistic with 2 draws out of those first 5, could honestly see us getting thumped as well once or twice not because we will play bad but just the style we play opens us up to it. That said I do think we will beat one of City, Scum, Scousers and Spurs I just don't know which but thats the joy of watching us play, I'll go into every one with hope but also the thought we could ship 6!

We've got 39 points, I think we will have 42 after Sheff U 10 points or more from 9 games would put us on 52 which for me would be a bloody good start to life back in PL particularly when you consider we've spent most of season with at least 2 of our centre backs out, no Forshaw, Phillips out, Rodrigo out etc etc.

I'd also like to see some youngsters get a chance in the final run, not a wholesale chuck the kids in but more Bielsa just giving opportunities to any HE thinks might be able to step up for next year. Would love to see likes of Gelhardt, Huggins and Drameh get some minutes.

Agree on the youngsters but with players coming back such as Koch can see us kicking on.

Think we will beat Brighton and possibly the scousers. Surely we beat Burnley Alfletic

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Agree on the youngsters but with players coming back such as Koch can see us kicking on.

Think we will beat Brighton and possibly the scousers. Surely we beat Burnley Alfletic
    Dunno, their anti-football yawnfest will probably do us over. Score from a corner, defend and nick another. Problem with Koch being back now is who gets picked at centre back! Can't really drop Struijk or Llorente at the moment.

Maybe he plays LB?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Maybe he plays LB?
    Could even play a 3 I guess with Ayling and Alioski, takes pressure off Alioski defending then.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)