+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 21/22 Season tix

Yeah its a bit sordid and I am sure isnt sitting well with some folk - many wouldn't want credits but this seems like a russian roulette type move which will back fire on club. New season tickets are much more expensive and i cannot see much uptake especially given the uncertainty of getting to games and when. Maybe just me but cant see many new season ticket holders given the cost.

This feels like one mistake following another. The difference is that last season’s ‘mistake’ was made with good intentions, with the idea to do right by supporters not able to get in with the credits offer and with the, at the time, positive hope that at the very least season ticket holders would be in grounds come September. I think we’re all agreed that no one could have really predicted last March/April that we would go the entire season without getting in to Tannadice and as a consequence we’d all be due mega credits on the offer.

I would suggest most fans would agree with this, appreciate the difficulties created for the Club as a result and be amenable to waiving the credits given the financial stress on the Club. However, at the end of the day this should be an individual fan’s choice and the Club really has to suck it up and respect that. Some fans would/will take up the option and the Club has to be understanding of that and let them do it. The good news is that I doubt too many would have done this. The bad news is that this half baked ‘solution’ is instead likely to alienate fans who were previously ‘onside’ and possibly cost us more as due to costs, fewer full price STs are likely to be sold now.

If I'm reading this correctly it's possible anyone using discount will possibly not get to early games as they'll not be a priority in a ballot. Has to be reasonable chance that they'll be social distancing at start of new season with attendance possibly about 3000.

Ill renew early, no doubt make a donation, but don't think anyone legitamilly using discount should be "punished"

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post
    If I'm reading this correctly it's possible anyone using discount will possibly not get to early games as they'll not be a priority in a ballot. Has to be reasonable chance that they'll be social distancing at start of new season with attendance possibly about 3000.

Ill renew early, no doubt make a donation, but don't think anyone legitamilly using discount should be "punished"
    Yep, they’re moving the goalposts from last year’s offer, no question. As you say, anyone who takes up the credits offer is being ‘punished’ for doing so in other ways. There was obviously no mention of these caveats last year when it was introduced and I fear there is a lot of good faith built up that will be lost amongst some supporters with how they’re now approaching this. Maybe it was just too much of a financial risk to take, but I really feel they should have had the courage of their convictions and allowed the supporters to make the final decisions rather than effectively take it out of their hands. Given that choice, I am certain that the vast majority of fans would have waived their credit rights.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 23-03-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post

Don't think it is trying to punish anyone think it is trying to reward the supporters that are helping the club the most which is really fair enough.

My worry is guys who never took a season ticket last year due to covid, maybe unemployed, on furlough, on shielding list or maybe put off with the uncertainty of when we were getting back inti games, who are now having to pay well over the odds for their ST

Will more than likely mean they wont get a ST this season either

So I obviously didn't read about the credits fully. That is pretty pish. My thoughts all season were if next season's ticket was the same price I would forgoe the credits, but if it went up by £30 then I would take back £30 worth of credits and forgoe the rest. Looks like that wouldn't have been an option.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Yep, they’re moving the goalposts from last year’s offer, no question. As you say, anyone who takes up the credits offer is being ‘punished’ for doing so in other ways. There was obviously no mention of these caveats last year when it was introduced and I fear there is a lot of good faith built up that will be lost amongst some supporters with how they’re now approaching this. Maybe it was just too much of a financial risk to take, but I really feel they should have had the courage of their convictions and allowed the supporters to make the final decisions rather than effectively take it out of their hands. Given that choice, I am certain that the vast majority of fans would have waived their credit rights.
    I still think most of the support will wave the credit it's our club it is the club the money is going to not someone taking all the season ticket money like our resident diddlie pete would have us believe the money is to run the club.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    I still think most of the support will wave the credit it's our club it is the club the money is going to not someone taking all the season ticket money like our resident diddlie pete would have us believe the money is to run the club.
    What??? You mean peter is talking pish?? That’s an outrageous statement to make!!!!!

The bottom line is that I think they should have perhaps demonstrated a little more faith in fans to do right by the Club. We all realise how bad Covid has hit the team and how v1tal season ticket money is. Yes, some would have taken the credits but I believe given the choice the vast majority would have waived it. ‘Trust’ and ‘Bond’ are intangibles that have value way beyond simple cash - some of that has been lost through this approach IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    What??? You mean peter is talking pish?? That’s an outrageous statement to make!!!!!

The bottom line is that I think they should have perhaps demonstrated a little more faith in fans to do right by the Club. We all realise how bad Covid has hit the team and how v1tal season ticket money is. Yes, some would have taken the credits but I believe given the choice the vast majority would have waived it. ‘Trust’ and ‘Bond’ are intangibles that have value way beyond simple cash - some of that has been lost through this approach IMHO.
    Has not changed my opinion in any way or doubt guys I go with either. were all going to renew and none of us were taking the credits good to see we are getting a few benifits but would have done it anyway as think most who can afford it would .Again feel sorry for those who can't afford it.How do our prices compare to other clubs?

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)