+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 21/22 Season tix

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The club are pulling a fast one, that's what they're doing here. Fans have shown an incredible amount of loyalty over the last 12 months and when it's the clubs turn to show some back, they've failed miserably.
    Never mind the last 12 months - you could take it back the last 6 YEARS since THAT transfer deadline night.

The club are pulling a fast one, that's what they're doing here. Fans have shown an incredible amount of loyalty over the last 12 months and when it's the clubs turn to show some back, they've failed miserably.
    Don't understand why they are not allowing everyone to buy a ticket in early bird and think it's bad they are denying season ticket holders their own seats.Apart from that think they are doing ok.If I was wanting the money back would just cancel my season ticket claim money back and buy new season ticket in early bird may even be able to book their own seat as will then be empty.

When said cancel season meant just inform them not renewing.Get money back that they offered and buy new ticket in early bird.

Agree mate. Not the best and falls short of the in this together mentality.

Credit the fans to support

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    ... think they are doing ok. If I was wanting the money back would just cancel my season ticket claim money back and buy new season ticket in early bird may even be able to book their own seat as will then be empty.

It's a voucher they are offering not cash. Plus to use the voucher it has to be at the regular price not the Early Bird Price.

I just feel they should have trusted the fans more and just asked supporters to forgo last year's credit. I am happy to have got the games streamed under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Don't understand why they are not allowing everyone to buy a ticket in early bird and think it's bad they are denying season ticket holders their own seats.Apart from that think they are doing ok.If I was wanting the money back would just cancel my season ticket claim money back and buy new season ticket in early bird may even be able to book their own seat as will then be empty.
    But they are allowing renewals and new purchases in the early bird window! It’s £350 for renewal and £380 for new (both lower stands).
    Only existing season ticket holders have been offered renewals at last year’s price, in the loyalty window.
    As for your comment about not renewing, then buying a new one in the EB, unless you’re buying in someone else’s name and address, you won’t be able to, because you’ll already be in the clubs database, and you would be £185 more for doing it!!
    Maybe shouldn’t have added the “cool” emoji, eh??? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    But they are allowing renewals and new purchases in the early bird window! It’s £350 for renewal and £380 for new (both lower stands).
    Only existing season ticket holders have been offered renewals at last year’s price, in the loyalty window.
    As for your comment about not renewing, then buying a new one in the EB, unless you’re buying in someone else’s name and address, you won’t be able to, because you’ll already be in the clubs database, and you would be £185 more for doing it!!
    Maybe shouldn’t have added the “cool” emoji, eh??? ��
    So those who are not renewing a season are not getting the money back? If you decide you are not renewing season then you cant change you'r mind and buy another season in the early bird ok am bigining to agree it's a bit of a rip off and if was needing the money back and was being treated like that might not want a season anymore and would not be happy that I was not receiving anything back can see what supporters that are wanting the credit back are unhappy about.

What grinds my gears is the club have artificially inflated the non-early bird price just to claw money back from credit claimers, no other reason.

The argument that they can't offer two discounts (credits and early bird) is disingenuous. Firstly the credits aren't a discount - they were part of the contract of sale for last season's. Secondly the "new" price is nonsensically high, and will drop down again next year.

I wish United had just honoured the credits in the spirit in which they were offered, as others have said the vast majority would have waived, and maybe a small minority of fans who are in hardship due to covid could have continued supporting United from the stands.

I am not talking about existing holders renewing, I am saying that for new or returning customers (not those renewing but those who held season tickets in years gone by) are being charged crazy prices.
    I also know a fair few who don't want to renew just to watch streams.
    The club are playing a dangerous game here and could be pricing themselves out of the market.
    Again it's just my opinion.

I have read enough on here that suggests to me the club have phucked up and very quickly need to go back to the drawing board.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)