+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 21/22 Season tix

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have read enough on here that suggests to me the club have phucked up and very quickly need to go back to the drawing board.
    To be honest GB, offering existing ST holders a renewal at last season’s price is good, but they have phucked up with the credits, and trying to attract new ST’s, which if we secure top league status, would have likely happened, but I suspect not at those prices.
    As I’ve said in my previous posts, I think they have unfairly treated any existing ST holders, who are in financial difficulty, and relying on the club’s own formal (and contracted) offer, and to be honest, regardless of whether you buy a season ticket this year or not, I think they are obliged to honour a refund to those that request it (and likely legally!).

While many fans can and will forego the credit, to prevent the club being financially impacted, myself included (if push came to shove many of us would keep putting money in, because United mean that much to us), not all are in that position, and as others have said, makes them no less loyal, and that is my biggest issue tbh. As Luggy often said, once an Arab, always an Arab!! 🖤🧡
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 26-03-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    To be honest GB, offering existing ST holders a renewal at last season’s price is good, but they have phucked up with the credits, and trying to attract new ST’s, which if we secure top league status, would have likely happened, but I suspect not at those prices.
    As I’ve said in my previous posts, I think they have unfairly treated any existing ST holders, who are in financial difficulty, and relying on the club’s own formal (and contracted) offer, and to be honest, regardless of whether you buy a season ticket this year or not, I think they are obliged to honour a refund to those that request it (and likely legally!).

While many fans can and will forego the credit, to prevent the club being financially impacted, myself included (if push came to shove many of us would keep putting money in, because United mean that much to us), not all are in that position, and as others have said, makes them no less loyal, and that is my biggest issue tbh. As Luggy often said, once an Arab, always an Arab!! 🖤🧡
    Further to my post, the club could’ve done themselves a big favour by admitting that their offer, was based on assumption that fans not inside the stadium, would be for a very limited period, and offered in the best intentions for season ticket holders, who are the lifeblood of the club every season, but following such an unexpected and unprecedented year, now realise that it was a big financial mistake, and any fans that could waive that credit (to prevent a major financial challenge for the club), are encouraged, and would be forever appreciated, and request they do so. However, for any that could not, they would receive the credit as offered. As others have said, I suspect the numbers would not be excessive...
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 26-03-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannadice82 View Post
    What grinds my gears is the club have artificially inflated the non-early bird price just to claw money back from credit claimers, no other reason.
    I doubt this as there won't be many sales of season tickets at those prices. What the club have done is give folk a huge incentive to renew and forego their claim to the credits and any that don't will still pay quite an amount (£180 for ETU for instance).

Another thing to bear in mind is that the credit could be used to buy match tickets, not just season tickets...

Quote Originally Posted by DUFC
    Therefore, Dundee United ensure that if three or more home games are held behind closed doors during season 2020/21, those who purchased a season ticket will receive a credit equivalent to 1/19th of their season ticket price for each match missed from the third match that can then be put towards either the overall cost of a season ticket or match tickets for the 2021/22 season.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 26-03-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I doubt this as there won't be many sales of season tickets at those prices. What the club have done is give folk a huge incentive to renew and forego their claim to the credits and any that don't will still pay quite an amount (£180 for ETU for instance).

Another thing to bear in mind is that the credit could be used to buy match tickets, not just season tickets...
    Well, yes I agree very few will take up the offer of the credits, but my point is that the prices were inflated so much, alongside the risk of losing a seat, the even the psychological impact of not being considered "loyal" as to make it not worth the while to use the credits.

In a cynical sense, yes United have incentivised people not to use credits, in the same way someone carrying a weapon might incentivise you to hand over your wallet - it's the least bad option.

All football clubs treat fans are commodities to be monetised and our current owners are no different. They'll take the bad PR and fan discontent all day long until it eats into their bottom line.

That's not a dig at the Ogrens, more an observation of football club owners in general.

I think the price hike will remain in place for the following season, can't see them reducing it.

As I said previously "I have renewed my ticket"

but I do think those people at United who thought
    "how are we going to get round this situation that we give season ticket holders 17/20ths of the price of this year's ticket" have been too clever with their solution.

They didn't need to out manoeuvre us.

We love our club. Most of us understand their dilemma and would happily oblige by not claiming what was a rash/misguided offer from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    ..."how are we going to get round this situation that we give season ticket holders 17/20ths of the price of this year's ticket" have been too clever with their solution.
    Sorry to be a pedant (and I'm probably wrong) but isn't it 16/19ths credit of the price of last seasons ticket cost? As we are going to have 19 home games we've been unable to attend and the offer starts after the first 3.

Ultimately the club are trying to minimise the impact of this which was, at the time, a genuine offer. It's easy in hindsight to say it was foolish but I can't remember anyone at the time saying so. To be honest I think they've landed on a reasonable compromise in what turns out to be a situation that's miles worse than anyone could reasonably have envisaged.

As I said earlier, it'll be really interesting to see the sales numbers this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Sorry to be a pedant (and I'm probably wrong) but isn't it 16/19ths credit of the price of last seasons ticket cost? As we are going to have 19 home games we've been unable to attend and the offer starts after the first 3.

Ultimately the club are trying to minimise the impact of this which was, at the time, a genuine offer. It's easy in hindsight to say it was foolish but I can't remember anyone at the time saying so. To be honest I think they've landed on a reasonable compromise in what turns out to be a situation that's miles worse than anyone could reasonably have envisaged.

As I said earlier, it'll be really interesting to see the sales numbers this year.
    I kind of agree with you TTT if people taking the credit renew for either the eddie or dode lowers it will just cost them £72.63 for 19 matchs £3.82 a match think that has got to be seen as fair the only problem is they may lose their seat but if they book straight away after the early bird finishes their seat will just be coming back on market so will probably be able to rebook their own seat I hope.

Does anyone know how many seasons we sold this season?

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Does anyone know how many seasons we sold this season?
    It was certainly over 5k. Maybe about 5,500 I think.

That’s what’s frustrating about this season. Following on from promotion and the associated feel good factor, I think we could have got close to 6k if it wasn’t for Covid.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 27-03-2021 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    It was certainly over 5k. Maybe about 5,500 I think.

That’s what’s frustrating about this season. Following on from promotion and the associated feel good factor, I think we could have got close to 6k if it wasn’t for Covid.
    Just to show the gulf in size between us and Hearts,the figures above are the estimate of what they may sell with a massive protest if Neilson remains their manager next season.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)