+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 21/22 Season tix

United may only be offering credits but if fans want their season ticket money back the club are legally bound to give them a full refund regardless of any terms and conditions they may have

I have sent the club a message through the official Terence,there is no point trying to phone according to other posters on the phoning Tannadice thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have sent the club a message through the official Terence,there is no point trying to phone according to other posters on the phoning Tannadice thread.
    I've found the club responds to emails I have sent them pretty well. Mind you, that's usually been someone I know directly that looks after the disabled supporters.

Ultimately it's in the club's interest to sort this out so I'm sure they will as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I've found the club responds to emails I have sent them pretty well. Mind you, that's usually been someone I know directly that looks after the disabled supporters.

Ultimately it's in the club's interest to sort this out so I'm sure they will as soon as possible.
    You were correct Terence just in and they have replied already.Last season there was no finance company and it was all done in house.This season as you know its V12 running the show and there is nothing the club can do to help if you are refused credit from them.
    My son was refused credit a while ago from V12 but not for a season ticket it was for something else.He then applied for his season ticket and amazingly he has been accepted.
    The other two in the bedsit have still been refused credit but are going through an appeal process with V12.I can now renew though as at least one of them will be beside me.

The club aren't legally obliged to give anyone a cash refund for last season (and there is clearly no chance of them doing it). The clearly stated terms of sale was that a season ticket was for stadium entry "if permitted", and if not then televised access would be provided in lieu, as well as credits for games missed that could be offset against the next seasons ticket or individual match tickets. That was clearly stated and anyone purchasing a ticket was made aware, so there is no legal obligation on United to make a refund.

I think the way the credits have been handled is a disgrace, and I think the "new" prices for next season have been artificially and temporarily increased to cynically disincentive anyone to take the credits - but does it meet the terms of sale - undoubtedly yes.

As regards fans not being offered credit by the designated finance provider following a credit and affordability check, if anyone isn't able to pay in full I would respectfully suggest other lines of credit (bank loan, interest free purchase credit card etc), and if none of these are available then perhaps now isn't the right time to be considering a season ticket. If someone doesn't have the ready cash to purchase their product, I'm not sure what else United can do to help.

I do, of course, appreciate everyone's circumstances are different and I'm speaking generally, rather than about anyone in particular.

You were correct Terence just in and they have replied already.Last season there was no finance company and it was all done in house.This season as you know its V12 running the show and there is nothing the club can do to help if you are refused credit from them.
    My son was refused credit a while ago from V12 but not for a season ticket it was for something else.He then applied for his season ticket and amazingly he has been accepted.
    The other two in the bedsit have still been refused credit but are going through an appeal process with V12.I can now renew though as at least one of them will be beside me.
    Hopefully appeals will be successful and all will be good.You would think the club could have gave them a list of people who had credit last season and paid up to help people get credit but maybe they not allowed to legally.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Hopefully appeals will be successful and all will be good.You would think the club could have gave them a list of people who had credit last season and paid up to help people get credit but maybe they not allowed to legally.
    Very frustrating mate when all you are trying to do is back the club.

Very frustrating mate when all you are trying to do is back the club.
    Yeah know where you are coming from hate sh..e like that and probably would have told them to keep tickets also until I calmed down and realised it was the finance company that was the problem.Hopefully the other two get theirs also and all works out good if not utd should be asking why people they gave credit to last season can't get it this season and maybe move to a better finance company.

2505 season tickets renewed so far according to reports.

I wonder how that compares to this time last year?

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)