+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stuart Dallas

C'mon guys. Lets cool it. Everyone has an opinion. Many have to eat humble pie....like me. Had my views (and still do) re Wambam, Roberts and Costa, but Wam and Roberts have (overall) played well. Costa has barista written all over him. x

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    It certainly boiled your piss when people were slagging Alioski, Whats the difference here, I dont understand how ANY of our players can be berated last season and more so this...The three main culprits seem to be Alioski,Cooper and Roberts, Guess what they all get picked every week by the Masterclass man MB, So again yes it boils my piss when any player gets slagged off that is a FACT...
    Constructive criticism shouldn't be avoided, and I've never suggested Alioski is perfect, none of us are and Leeds players are no different. Cooper has frailties, as do others, were not supposed to mention them?

MB insisted on picking Koko until he got himself banned and then guess what, the guy most of us were suggesting SHOULD be between the sticks proves to be a better choice. Bielsa may be giving the rest a masterclass, but he's no less capable of making mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    C'mon guys. Lets cool it. Everyone has an opinion. Many have to eat humble pie....like me. Had my views (and still do) re Wambam, Roberts and Costa, but Wam and Roberts have (overall) played well. Costa has barista written all over him. x
    Perfectly cool Andy, no "boiling pi55" here (despite rumours to the contrary! &#128521.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Perfectly cool Andy, no "boiling pi55" here (despite rumours to the contrary! &#128521.
    Me either - think all the players we have have been good for us and some great (being one who sees potential in Roberts).

At this level though the limitations of some players get exposed and Alioski as a left back and Cooper at CB sometimes do.

If we have better players with less flaws then eventually they must rise to the 1st team.

Cooper just isn’t in the class as Llorente or Koch (hence why we paid big money for them) and Struijk looks like becoming a wonderful CB.

Coops is and has been a great captain and player for the club but doesn’t have their talent. Sooner or later he will drop down the pecking order. Not slagging him off just think he will struggle to get in the team next season.

of those who are not good enough, i prefere alioski and cooper because the commitment is there despite their obvious failings, where as Roberts and Costa, i sometimes wonder just what they are doing on the pitch at all....

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    of those who are not good enough, i prefere alioski and cooper because the commitment is there despite their obvious failings, where as Roberts and Costa, i sometimes wonder just what they are doing on the pitch at all....
    Watch out, yellow-coloured clouds of steam emanating from the direction of Pete!

I don't like players being slagged off all the time, and try not to get involved - Allioski, Cooper, Roberts, Costa or any Leeds player for that matter - that said - I have no doubt been guilty myself occasionally when frustration gets the better of me, But on this thread I haven't seen anyone slagging anyone off to the degree that would get Pete so upset?

As WTF rightly states - as do others, This is a forum, and criticism of players - same as praise for players - is surely one of the purposes of having a forum in the first place?

Anyway - along with most on here I think Cooper is our 4th best centre half, Alliosky is probably our second best left back - nothing personal, just players who are not as good as others at the club in those positions - absolutely no complaint about effort given, character, team players or commitment to the cause - but it is an opinion shared and voiced by many, whats wrong with that?

Your entitled to your opinion Pete, and so are others, without being accused of "boiling your pi55". What's fact (unfortunately) is that he is constantly seen pulling at opposing players shirts and how we got away with it on Saturday is anyones guess, given the miniscule sh1te that VAR is used to examine at the moment. Had it been, and a justified penalty given, we would have (in all likelihood) have missed the opportunity to take 3 points away, 4 points in total for the season, against the very likely winners of the PL this season. Then what would be said about our "leader" . you lead by example, and yes that involves wearing your heart on your sleeve, but it also means you have discipline where its required, shirt pulling isn't.

He's not "sh1te", nor "not fit to wear the shirt" or useless etc. and I don't remember seeing him described as such (unlike Alioski who has, quite often, without any justification IMHO, who you make no mention of?), but he IS a liability, and it's been like that for a while. His absence over the next three games will be an interesting "interlude" when others will have to step up to the mark and fill his boots.
    Whats fact is that a squad of Leeds United players picked him as captain and Bielsa picks him anytime he is fit. No other facts matter.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Whats fact is that a squad of Leeds United players picked him as captain and Bielsa picks him anytime he is fit. No other facts matter.
    I say again, had his habit of pulling at opposing players shirts led to a converted penalty against City, I'd imagine that fact would matter, and that behaviour is not one you should see in any defender, never mind club captain, no matter who picks him.

I say again, had his habit of pulling at opposing players shirts led to a converted penalty against City, I'd imagine that fact would matter, and that behaviour is not one you should see in any defender, never mind club captain, no matter who picks him.
    It is also part of the eternal conundrum of sports teams and businesses - what to do when the team or business outgrows they leader.

The leader helped get you there but if you want to progress you need to move on. Never easy but often necessary if you don’t want to stand still.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)