Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
Pretty big on dental care in France and the bills can be high but you can claim some back by Medical/Dental health insurance plans.

They even spend big on horse dental care in France my sister tells me.

France has a massive horse harness race industry.My young sister helps out at a local yard mucking out these expensive French Trotters and the nags teeth are checked weekly as its a good indicator of diet and health issues - so teeth must be a French thing !

Football wise I would suspect any decent top European league coach would have visited the Clairefontaine Centre Technique National (French Football Federation Technical Training centre) and left it with all kinds of ideas in dossiers.
This place was and still is a hi-spec facility using psychological tests,sports personality quizzes where players are given situations to solve football related issues as well as personal ones.

Meanwhile the medical tests aim to build up the bodies and minds of players helping them to resist injury in games and deal with the pain of recovery when they encounter it.Medical testing includes height and weight screening, sight and dental check-ups and frequent treadmill workouts.Finally, the physical tests are on the pitch itself and involve Swedish Beep Tests to check players oxygen intakes throughout 90 minutes.
Good eyesight is one of the best indicators of high level athletic performance in sport involving quick reactions and a ball. The brain is able to ‘see’ things earlier and in more detail and more clearly and this predict what will happen more accurately

It is especially so for games like cricket, baseball, tennis etc