+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stuart Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    I don't like players being slagged off all the time, and try not to get involved - Allioski, Cooper, Roberts, Costa or any Leeds player for that matter - that said - I have no doubt been guilty myself occasionally when frustration gets the better of me, But on this thread I haven't seen anyone slagging anyone off to the degree that would get Pete so upset?

As WTF rightly states - as do others, This is a forum, and criticism of players - same as praise for players - is surely one of the purposes of having a forum in the first place?

Anyway - along with most on here I think Cooper is our 4th best centre half, Alliosky is probably our second best left back - nothing personal, just players who are not as good as others at the club in those positions - absolutely no complaint about effort given, character, team players or commitment to the cause - but it is an opinion shared and voiced by many, whats wrong with that?
    This is one of the main reasons i dont come on here as often as i used to, I voiced an opinion on being pissed off at our players been slagged off, yes slagged off because they were, We have just beaten one of the best teams in the land on their own patch with 10 men and its not still enough for some, Then what happens i get shot down by most for that opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    This is one of the main reasons i dont come on here as often as i used to, I voiced an opinion on being pissed off at our players been slagged off, yes slagged off because they were, We have just beaten one of the best teams in the land on their own patch with 10 men and its not still enough for some, Then what happens i get shot down by most for that opinion..
    All about the use of language Pete. "Slagging off" is the "not fit to wear the shirt", "sh1te" comments (which I honestly haven't seen aimed at Cooper). Criticism shouldn't be something we close down, otherwise what's the point of a forum where opinions (not insults like the "not fit to wear the shirt" comment) should be debated.

And you're not being "shot down", people are disagreeing with your opinion, you would suggest that's not allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    All about the use of language Pete. "Slagging off" is the "not fit to wear the shirt", "sh1te" comments (which I honestly haven't seen aimed at Cooper). Criticism shouldn't be something we close down, otherwise what's the point of a forum where opinions (not insults like the "not fit to wear the shirt" comment) should be debated.

And you're not being "shot down", people are disagreeing with your opinion, you would suggest that's not allowed?
    Do you have something that pings up when someone replies to a thread, You can have the last word..

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Do you have something that pings up when someone replies to a thread, You can have the last word..
    Nope, just visit from time to time. Don't need to have the last word, and no snowflake either.

Can you image a whole team of Stuart Dallas’s - we would surely walk the league 😆

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Can you image a whole team of Stuart Dallas’s - we would surely walk the league 😆

Eleven Dallas's ?
    Not sure we could afford the dental bills - I read that he spends a lot on his dental care.

All football clubs are obsessed with the health of their players. On arriving at Arsenal, Arsène Wenger famously decreed that the whole squad should get their teeth checked. Robin van Persie for one and others have at times put their injury problems down to their dental health complications.

Have read a lot about Bielsa as I've done on many managers in Europe as I like to know the psychological detail impacts that make them tick.
    Bielsa once quoted a study on sugary sports drinks which nearly two-thirds of players on average consumed at least three times a week.He limits the amount they drink at training and only allows litre bottles of water to be consumed when on the training pitch at Thorpe Arch.Good advice which I took and the benefit to my own teeth has been great since.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I say again, had his habit of pulling at opposing players shirts led to a converted penalty against City, I'd imagine that fact would matter, and that behaviour is not one you should see in any defender, never mind club captain, no matter who picks him.
    They all do it pretty constantly

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

Eleven Dallas's ?
    Not sure we could afford the dental bills - I read that he spends a lot on his dental care.

All football clubs are obsessed with the health of their players. On arriving at Arsenal, Arsène Wenger famously decreed that the whole squad should get their teeth checked. Robin van Persie for one and others have at times put their injury problems down to their dental health complications.

Have read a lot about Bielsa as I've done on many managers in Europe as I like to know the psychological detail impacts that make them tick.
    Bielsa once quoted a study on sugary sports drinks which nearly two-thirds of players on average consumed at least three times a week.He limits the amount they drink at training and only allows litre bottles of water to be consumed when on the training pitch at Thorpe Arch.Good advice which I took and the benefit to my own teeth has been great since.
    I remember Jean Tigana ordering all Fulham players to the dentist too, maybe it's a French thing or Arsene picked up on it whilst in China.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    I remember Jean Tigana ordering all Fulham players to the dentist too, maybe it's a French thing or Arsene picked up on it whilst in China.
    Houllier was the same - must be a French thing

Pretty big on dental care in France and the bills can be high but you can claim some back by Medical/Dental health insurance plans.

They even spend big on horse dental care in France my sister tells me.

France has a massive horse harness race industry.My young sister helps out at a local yard mucking out these expensive French Trotters and the nags teeth are checked weekly as its a good indicator of diet and health issues - so teeth must be a French thing !

Football wise I would suspect any decent top European league coach would have visited the Clairefontaine Centre Technique National (French Football Federation Technical Training centre) and left it with all kinds of ideas in dossiers.
    This place was and still is a hi-spec facility using psychological tests,sports personality quizzes where players are given situations to solve football related issues as well as personal ones.

Meanwhile the medical tests aim to build up the bodies and minds of players helping them to resist injury in games and deal with the pain of recovery when they encounter it.Medical testing includes height and weight screening, sight and dental check-ups and frequent treadmill workouts.Finally, the physical tests are on the pitch itself and involve Swedish Beep Tests to check players oxygen intakes throughout 90 minutes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)