Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Been and gone and done it.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,645

    Been and gone and done it.

    Just had the second jab that is.

    It will be a great day for us all to remember when everyone on here, along with all of the adult members of our families and friends are all covered.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    12,746
    Tough times here in Brazil. Not far off 3000 deaths per day and total deaths will pass 300,000 this week. Queues to get into intensive care all over the country.
    Dreadful management of the crisis by the ‘government’ the vast majority who couldn’t organize the proverbial p*ss up. Our President has described it as a slight cold and told people to stop whining and swiveling and toughen up (yes, honestly).
    I knew 3 people who have been killed by it but some good news as father in law received first dose today - 73 years old.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,139
    Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Tough times here in Brazil. Not far off 3000 deaths per day and total deaths will pass 300,000 this week. Queues to get into intensive care all over the country.
    Dreadful management of the crisis by the ‘government’ the vast majority who couldn’t organize the proverbial p*ss up. Our President has described it as a slight cold and told people to stop whining and swiveling and toughen up (yes, honestly).
    I knew 3 people who have been killed by it but some good news as father in law received first dose today - 73 years old.
    Bolsonaro seems like the biggest c*nt.

    Ironically his middle name is Messias.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,928
    Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Tough times here in Brazil. Not far off 3000 deaths per day and total deaths will pass 300,000 this week. Queues to get into intensive care all over the country.
    Dreadful management of the crisis by the ‘government’ the vast majority who couldn’t organize the proverbial p*ss up. Our President has described it as a slight cold and told people to stop whining and swiveling and toughen up (yes, honestly).
    I knew 3 people who have been killed by it but some good news as father in law received first dose today - 73 years old.
    that sounds awful. i honestly think most countries have screwed up handling this. considering they were all flying blind initially it's no wonder, but hindsight is/can be a wonderful thing - i think wor "kier" is gunning for boris doris to hold him accountable for all mistakes

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,645
    Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    that sounds awful. i honestly think most countries have screwed up handling this. considering they were all flying blind initially it's no wonder, but hindsight is/can be a wonderful thing - i think wor "kier" is gunning for boris doris to hold him accountable for all mistakes
    I hope so as there is plenty to go at. The dilly dallying, the poor late decisions, the fiddling contracts, the unsubstantiated boasts about the world's best track and trace setup supposed to be effective June last year. How much has been put into Tory party pockets for that and other equipment and protective gear needed by the N.H.S. And there is plenty more to come out.

    The only success story so far has been the development and effective distribution of the vaccines and the government had nowt to do with that. That was a success of the scientists and the N.H.S. who have got it out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,810
    ..ah yes, wor Kier the blame monkey vs Boris the haystack. Yes, Boris has made mistakes but it easy to sit back and poke holes in hindsight, I seem to remember Kier not being very decisive about what needed done at key moments in this. Neither have convinced me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    711
    I’d no idea you were based in Brazil Toptoon! Are you from north east England originally? Either way, that some commitment to the cause. I’m in Whitley Bay and totally fed up with the whole Ashley ~ Bruce fiasco but you’ve put me to shame

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    12,746
    Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    I’d no idea you were based in Brazil Toptoon! Are you from north east England originally? Either way, that some commitment to the cause. I’m in Whitley Bay and totally fed up with the whole Ashley ~ Bruce fiasco but you’ve put me to shame
    Alright bix? I was born in the Scottish Borders but lived in Newcastle from age 5 to about 18. Like most on here, fell head over heels in love with the club after my first match aged 11 (now I’m 51!).
    Apart from about 5 years, I’ve been living in Brazil (Santa Catarina State) for 28 years now and my two lads were born here. It’s always been my ambition to retire in England, get a season ticket and watch as many home and away games as possible. Ashley’s spoiling the plan because I won’t spend a cent at the club till he goes!
    Cheers to Whitley Bay - great memories there!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    711
    Haha, some decent money been spent in Whitley Bay over the last few years, The Dome has had a new lease of life including a fish & chip restaurant, champagne lounge, micro pub & tea rooms. New Beefeater & Hotel next door and the old Empress Bingo Hall recently got approval for an entertainment venue, cocktail lounge etc. so there’s a decent alternative to the crāp football offer under Moronic Mikey when you return home!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,645
    Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Alright bix? I was born in the Scottish Borders but lived in Newcastle from age 5 to about 18. Like most on here, fell head over heels in love with the club after my first match aged 11 (now I’m 51!).
    Apart from about 5 years, I’ve been living in Brazil (Santa Catarina State) for 28 years now and my two lads were born here. It’s always been my ambition to retire in England, get a season ticket and watch as many home and away games as possible. Ashley’s spoiling the plan because I won’t spend a cent at the club till he goes!
    Cheers to Whitley Bay - great memories there!
    Hi TopToon. Have you still got a Geordie accent tinged with the lovely gentle border influence and how have you brought your lads up to speak?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •