+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been and gone and done it.

Been and gone and done it.

Just had the second jab that is.

It will be a great day for us all to remember when everyone on here, along with all of the adult members of our families and friends are all covered.

Tough times here in Brazil. Not far off 3000 deaths per day and total deaths will pass 300,000 this week. Queues to get into intensive care all over the country.
    Dreadful management of the crisis by the ‘government’ the vast majority who couldn’t organize the proverbial p*ss up. Our President has described it as a slight cold and told people to stop whining and swiveling and toughen up (yes, honestly).
    I knew 3 people who have been killed by it but some good news as father in law received first dose today - 73 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Tough times here in Brazil. Not far off 3000 deaths per day and total deaths will pass 300,000 this week. Queues to get into intensive care all over the country.
    Dreadful management of the crisis by the ‘government’ the vast majority who couldn’t organize the proverbial p*ss up. Our President has described it as a slight cold and told people to stop whining and swiveling and toughen up (yes, honestly).
    I knew 3 people who have been killed by it but some good news as father in law received first dose today - 73 years old.
    Bolsonaro seems like the biggest c*nt.

Ironically his middle name is Messias.

that sounds awful. i honestly think most countries have screwed up handling this. considering they were all flying blind initially it's no wonder, but hindsight is/can be a wonderful thing - i think wor "kier" is gunning for boris doris to hold him accountable for all mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    that sounds awful. i honestly think most countries have screwed up handling this. considering they were all flying blind initially it's no wonder, but hindsight is/can be a wonderful thing - i think wor "kier" is gunning for boris doris to hold him accountable for all mistakes
    I hope so as there is plenty to go at. The dilly dallying, the poor late decisions, the fiddling contracts, the unsubstantiated boasts about the world's best track and trace setup supposed to be effective June last year. How much has been put into Tory party pockets for that and other equipment and protective gear needed by the N.H.S. And there is plenty more to come out.

The only success story so far has been the development and effective distribution of the vaccines and the government had nowt to do with that. That was a success of the scientists and the N.H.S. who have got it out.

..ah yes, wor Kier the blame monkey vs Boris the haystack. Yes, Boris has made mistakes but it easy to sit back and poke holes in hindsight, I seem to remember Kier not being very decisive about what needed done at key moments in this. Neither have convinced me.

I’d no idea you were based in Brazil Toptoon! Are you from north east England originally? Either way, that some commitment to the cause. I’m in Whitley Bay and totally fed up with the whole Ashley ~ Bruce fiasco but you’ve put me to shame

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    I’d no idea you were based in Brazil Toptoon! Are you from north east England originally? Either way, that some commitment to the cause. I’m in Whitley Bay and totally fed up with the whole Ashley ~ Bruce fiasco but you’ve put me to shame
    Alright bix? I was born in the Scottish Borders but lived in Newcastle from age 5 to about 18. Like most on here, fell head over heels in love with the club after my first match aged 11 (now I’m 51!).
    Apart from about 5 years, I’ve been living in Brazil (Santa Catarina State) for 28 years now and my two lads were born here. It’s always been my ambition to retire in England, get a season ticket and watch as many home and away games as possible. Ashley’s spoiling the plan because I won’t spend a cent at the club till he goes!
    Cheers to Whitley Bay - great memories there!

Haha, some decent money been spent in Whitley Bay over the last few years, The Dome has had a new lease of life including a fish & chip restaurant, champagne lounge, micro pub & tea rooms. New Beefeater & Hotel next door and the old Empress Bingo Hall recently got approval for an entertainment venue, cocktail lounge etc. so there’s a decent alternative to the crāp football offer under Moronic Mikey when you return home!

Alright bix? I was born in the Scottish Borders but lived in Newcastle from age 5 to about 18. Like most on here, fell head over heels in love with the club after my first match aged 11 (now I’m 51!).
    Apart from about 5 years, I’ve been living in Brazil (Santa Catarina State) for 28 years now and my two lads were born here. It’s always been my ambition to retire in England, get a season ticket and watch as many home and away games as possible. Ashley’s spoiling the plan because I won’t spend a cent at the club till he goes!
    Cheers to Whitley Bay - great memories there!
    Hi TopToon. Have you still got a Geordie accent tinged with the lovely gentle border influence and how have you brought your lads up to speak?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)