+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't get the negative about Glass being Cormack's mate. He's hardly going to employ someone he doesn't like.

He's invested so far so and surely more likely to invest with someone he trusts in charge.

He might be a nice quiet guy but that's where Brown comes in.

I would imagine that after a couple of defeats and Levein and his sportsound dinosaurs will be taking pot shots for being from a different camp than theirs.
    Having seen a few clips and listened to Glass speaking, I'm not so sure he is the nice quiet type that we maybe thought of him as being as a player - he comes across as being pretty focussed and determined and that he won't take any nonsense. It's a strange combination of appointments, so who knows how it'll all work out, but it's more interesting than appointing some boring old McInnes copy like Stephen Robinson, Tommy Wright, or all the other usual names that are banded about.

I can't see Glass making much of a difference between now and the end of the season though - I think it'll be more a case of assessing the players - doubt he's going to transform the formation, style of play and attitude of the team in the remaining few games. Might get a bit of a bounce for a couple of games if players pull their socks up a bit though.

It would be amazing if Glass won the Scottish Cup with the squad of players we currently have at his disposal. It would be a major boot in the balls to the McInnes loving press and the old Scottish management club.
    C’mon Stephen, let’s do this.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It would be amazing if Glass won the Scottish Cup with the squad of players we currently have at his disposal. It would be a major boot in the balls to the McInnes loving press and the old Scottish management club.
    C’mon Stephen, let’s do this.
    I think with the draw we've had and if we avoid Celtic and sevco then suddenly it's not impossible.

If you look at the impact Martindale had at Livi and the run they went on after his appointment , ok so he already was in place and knew the players .
    But hopefully we get some kind of positive reaction to Glass' ideas from squad .If we do , who knows , cups are can be a lottery for any team .

I heard him during his interview say that some of the players were in doing extra work.

Gaffer's rides.

Just watched his first press interview. No-nonsense. He's certainly got a bit of steel about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Just watched his first press interview. No-nonsense. He's certainly got a bit of steel about him.
    Yea, came across really well. Proof will be in the pudding, as he said himself today, but despite being initially unimpressed with his appointment, I feel a lot more confident about things now and wish him well.

Marvin Bartley summed up McInnes on the radio tonight, said he could see that far too many Aberdeen players were playing within themselves, too scared to show any individuality and dynamism. It’s just a shame that the radio pundits couldn’t see this.

That’s been bloody obvious for years.

It’s amazing what folk will put up with rather than criticise a manager.

Yes, there’s going to be downs to go with the occasional ups but there’s no excuse for the sheer boredom of a McInnes Aberdeen team.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    That’s been bloody obvious for years.

It’s amazing what folk will put up with rather than criticise a manager.

Yes, there’s going to be downs to go with the occasional ups but there’s no excuse for the sheer boredom of a McInnes Aberdeen team.
    As long as we can improve then the mcinnes era will be looked upon well. It might have only been one cup and four cup finals but the league form and qualifying for europe 8 times in a row gives us a real platform

But it was boring, really boring, “I’m nae sitting in the cauld watching that s’hite” boring.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast