+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I am curious as to why he apparently gave up on the English National team in preference to us!
    He never gave it up. He was forced out after he and his brother left somebody with life changing injuries after a drunken car crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Glass claims, as reported today in the Evening Express, that the striking problem is an “easy fix”. Phew … I’m so glad of that, especially now that we have a great striking coach in place, but I am curious as to why he apparently gave up on the English National team in preference to us! All I ask is “when does the easy fix start?”, as we are well into the new season and we have scored something like 4 goals in eight games!? A few against St Mirren would be a good start!
    Glasso Googled ‘Easyfix’ after he thought he heard someone shout “WALL ANCHOR!” at Ramirez on Saturday, and he’s blown what’s left in the transfer kitty on these:

https://www.screwfix.com/c/screws-na...?brand=easyfix

I look forward to the improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Glasso Googled ‘Easyfix’ after he thought he heard someone shout “WALL ANCHOR!” at Ramirez on Saturday, and he’s blown what’s left in the transfer kitty on these:

https://www.screwfix.com/c/screws-na...?brand=easyfix

I look forward to the improvements.
    They are on the easyfix drills at Cormack Park as I type this! 🤣

I'm nae opening the link but as a walking DIY disaster, I can assure you there will be nothing easy about the fix.

I lost trust in the world when my primary school teacher gave me a book entitled Maths is Fun.

League Cup quarter finals tonight. Never mind we can win it next year, shouldn't be difficult, going by the Glass philosophy.

So surely we should be seeing some tangible signs of progress with and within the "group" since Glass has had the majority of them since the summer by now should we not? I see very few signs of individual player improvement on performances from last season or am i missing something. As a team there is nothing. Apart from coming out of the Hacken game at home and thinking crikey that's the best performance i've seen for years and thinking i was going to be optimistic about our season ahead, those thoughts were dashed fairly soon. An inexcusable team selection and performance for a cup game in Kirkaldy and a swift exit from Europe thereafter, has now been compounded by miserable performances against Ross County and St. Johnstone at home and Motherwell and St. Mirren away. I don't see what he is doing as he keeps insinuating the fans can see what the "group" are trying to do. If playing out from the back is going to be the thing of the future then by christ we need to be able to pass the ball in the first place. I see no attempt to play fast forward attacking football, only trying to play our way into a game slowly across the park and back the way and repeat etc. I'm trying to not be too critical however at the moment i can't see where our next points are coming from. Glass was never going to get it all right in one window but there should have been some improvement or momentum built from the Hacken game surely. Where are we going Mr Glass???

I can certainly see the frustration and absolutely feel it myself too. I'd be much more depressed by things if we were completely ****e, but we're not. We're average. So that's something Celtic were poor yesterday and we were slightly better by being average. You're right GASC, for the fans to be seeing what Glass is trying to do, we'd have to be seeing the team blowing the opposition away and that's simply not the case. Patience running thin for a lot of people. Most depressing international break in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    So surely we should be seeing some tangible signs of progress with and within the "group" since Glass has had the majority of them since the summer by now should we not? I see very few signs of individual player improvement on performances from last season or am i missing something. As a team there is nothing. Apart from coming out of the Hacken game at home and thinking crikey that's the best performance i've seen for years and thinking i was going to be optimistic about our season ahead, those thoughts were dashed fairly soon. An inexcusable team selection and performance for a cup game in Kirkaldy and a swift exit from Europe thereafter, has now been compounded by miserable performances against Ross County and St. Johnstone at home and Motherwell and St. Mirren away. I don't see what he is doing as he keeps insinuating the fans can see what the "group" are trying to do. If playing out from the back is going to be the thing of the future then by christ we need to be able to pass the ball in the first place. I see no attempt to play fast forward attacking football, only trying to play our way into a game slowly across the park and back the way and repeat etc. I'm trying to not be too critical however at the moment i can't see where our next points are coming from. Glass was never going to get it all right in one window but there should have been some improvement or momentum built from the Hacken game surely. Where are we going Mr Glass???
    A few thoughts on playing out from the back

1. You need a keeper that is comfortable with the ball at his feet, both passing and kicking - neither Lewis or Woods fit the bill
    2. You need defenders who can pass and control the ball first time (and by that I don't mean five yards square ball) - in general we don't have defenders that can do that (they mostly give me the fear when we start passing to each other in our own penalty box)
    3. You need the six players ahead of the keeper/defense to create space to be able to receive and control the ball as the defence plays it forward. One of my big bugbears is that we are such a static team - is that because we are lazy? slow? not intelligent enough to know what to do? badly coached? not fit enough to do that for 90 minutes? Maybe a combination of all of that. Because we don't create space to receive the ball the defenders then have two options - either another square/backward pass that gets us nowhere or a hopeful punt forward that inevitable runs through to their keeper. Even when we do have possession in the attacking half, how many times do we end up three passes later with the ball back with Lewis/Woods simply because there are no free players to receive a forward pass.

"Pass and Move" is not a difficult concept but one that seems to completely bypass most of our players most of the time. Look at how Qarabag played at Pittodrie where they always seems to have two extra players when in possession

The bottom line is we simply don't have the players who have either the ability or appetite to play the way Glass imagines he wants us to play hence the shocking run of games we are on. We may need to revert to something much more basic to grind out results in the meantime until we can bring in the right calibre of players. The big issue with that of course is that the majority of the players that started on Sunday were signed by Glass yet are not able to play the way he wants us to play so what confidence can we have that any future signings will be any more able to do any better?

One of my big bugbears is that we are such a static team - is that because we are lazy? slow? not intelligent enough to know what to do? badly coached? not fit enough to do that for 90 minutes? Maybe a combination of all of that.
    I go back again to our lack of anyone with the guile, vision or pace to prise open a blanket midfield/defence which is the away-from-home default option for 2/3+ of the league. Sneak a goal (Race County/St Perth recently), put up the shutters, and we’re all but ****ed. We looked OK at times yesterday in the second half because Celtic committed players forward to try to win the game, rather than play 4-5-1. Until we unearth a couple of decent wingers or creative midfield players, we’re a soft touch to play against.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    A few thoughts on playing out from the back

1. You need a keeper that is comfortable with the ball at his feet, both passing and kicking - neither Lewis or Woods fit the bill
    2. You need defenders who can pass and control the ball first time (and by that I don't mean five yards square ball) - in general we don't have defenders that can do that (they mostly give me the fear when we start passing to each other in our own penalty box)
    3. You need the six players ahead of the keeper/defense to create space to be able to receive and control the ball as the defence plays it forward. One of my big bugbears is that we are such a static team - is that because we are lazy? slow? not intelligent enough to know what to do? badly coached? not fit enough to do that for 90 minutes? Maybe a combination of all of that. Because we don't create space to receive the ball the defenders then have two options - either another square/backward pass that gets us nowhere or a hopeful punt forward that inevitable runs through to their keeper. Even when we do have possession in the attacking half, how many times do we end up three passes later with the ball back with Lewis/Woods simply because there are no free players to receive a forward pass.

"Pass and Move" is not a difficult concept but one that seems to completely bypass most of our players most of the time. Look at how Qarabag played at Pittodrie where they always seems to have two extra players when in possession

The bottom line is we simply don't have the players who have either the ability or appetite to play the way Glass imagines he wants us to play hence the shocking run of games we are on. We may need to revert to something much more basic to grind out results in the meantime until we can bring in the right calibre of players. The big issue with that of course is that the majority of the players that started on Sunday were signed by Glass yet are not able to play the way he wants us to play so what confidence can we have that any future signings will be any more able to do any better?
    I’d be happier with you in charge

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast