+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Glass

Good luck to him.

He is Cormacks man so hopefully he backs him and let’s him sign some quality players.

The 2 internationals sounds like a promising start.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Good luck to him.

He is Cormacks man so hopefully he backs him and let’s him sign some quality players.

The 2 internationals sounds like a promising start.

Was thinking that ould be Griffith and D.Gallacher. But it could be O Donnell ?

Griffith is on some wage at the tattiedrome ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

Any of those 3 would be an improvement on what we've got. I think the interesting thing about this appointment is that 3 all have an insight into slightly different markets and contacts in different areas, so hopefully we'll get some more interesting singings. I'd expect we'll be taking one or two on loan from Atlanta, and maybe one or two English youngsters that Russell is aware of. Brown knows the Scottish game inside out, and has played against all of our players - he'll know already which players need shifted based on his experience of lining up against them. He'll have an idea of some of the players in our own league who'd be worth taking as well - not merely from having watched them, but having been on the park against them. I think that actually offers an even better insight.

I'm not exactly over the moon with the appointment, but having said that it's different, interesting and I can't really think of an obvious candidate i was particularly hoping for. Time will tell, but it's already more exciting than going into a new season with McInnes still in charge.

Not sure about Glass - he will need a lot of support. Reading between the lines Cormack was looking for someone who would do what they were told. Time will tell if he is his own man.

As for Brown, I'm more in favour of him coming to the club as he he is one of the most experienced / successful players in the Scottish game - if not the most. We need players who know what winning is all about.
    Last edited by Hairdrier; 23-03-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

My money would be on Gallagher (a certainty) and O’Donnell but would guess they might be looking for, at least, a goalkeeper, a pacy centre half and some strikers as well. Wouldnae think they’ll all be internationals though! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Not a surprise. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say. I hope we buttress him with some support, maybe a Director of Football, with good contacts in the UK. Player recruitment should be interesting. And will be interesting to see what happens with the young players. Bruce Anderson’s decision may be an early indicator.

Good luck Stephen. Get stuck in.
    A DoF should be in place before a manager.
    So I doubt that’s going to happen.
    Who is in charge of the recruitment side though.
    It’s Derek’s pal Russ Richardson still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_End_Bob View Post
    My money would be on Gallagher (a certainty) and O’Donnell but would guess they might be looking for, at least, a goalkeeper, a pacy centre half and some strikers as well. Wouldnae think they’ll all be internationals though! ��
    Signing a centre half from Motherwell and a sh!te right back won’t have the season ticket sales at the 15k mark.

Evening. My take on the pros and cons of the Glass appointment and what Cormack's up to. Might tickle your fancy: https://www.whatastramash.com/home/s...lass-announced

Looking forward to the (transfer) window with Glass in...

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Looking forward to the (transfer) window with Glass in...
    When it slams shut it could be shattering

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast