+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Glass

It’s mostly hope but also relief that something different is happening.

I have a good feeling about it.

I haven’t been this excited and sure things will work out since Mark McGhee’s first game in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Has anyone who really wasn’t wanting Stephen Glass to be the manager changed their mind a bit at all?

I have...looking forward to seeing how he does now and feeling a lot more optimistic than previously. Don’t know why, just have a gut feeling this lad is going to do well here as manager.
    I was against Glass. I really wanted a foreign manager with fresh ideas, no preconceptions of Scottish football and knowledge of other leagues for players.

I'm very impressed by the choice of his two assistants; very excited about Russell and regardless of opinions on Brown it is very impressive to prize him away from Celtic.

I'm interested and i'm hopeful. I think we need around 10 signings this summer (assuming most ooc players move on and maybe 2 or so move on nearer the deadline) so it is exciting that it will be a new team by 1st September, and im keen to see the first few signings to get an idea of where we are headed.

I still think it's a big mistake and a blatant bit of cronyism from the chairman. But I've been wrong about stuff before so hopefully I'm wrong again.

Without a doubt summer will be interesting. The summer 2021 transfer window thread will be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I still think it's a big mistake and a blatant bit of cronyism from the chairman. But I've been wrong about stuff before so hopefully I'm wrong again.
    the benefit of the cronyism being Cormack is more likely to spend money on players

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    the benefit of the cronyism being Cormack is more likely to spend money on players
    That is the big question now.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Has anyone who really wasn’t wanting Stephen Glass to be the manager changed their mind a bit at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach_End_Bob View Post
    .......so he might be brilliant!
    And he might be sh1te.
    I was against the choice initially but with time I have warmed to the idea of something different, as a club under the previous leadership we became stale and have been stale for a few years now.
    There seems to be desire from the board to make us a stronger club, love him or loathe him the signing of Scott Brown will be an integral part for that desire to be realised.
    Summer transfer window is going to be interesting, i am starting to believe that the future is bright for the dons.

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    I was against Glass. I really wanted a foreign manager with fresh ideas, no preconceptions of Scottish football and knowledge of other leagues for players.

I'm very impressed by the choice of his two assistants; very excited about Russell and regardless of opinions on Brown it is very impressive to prize him away from Celtic.

I'm interested and i'm hopeful. I think we need around 10 signings this summer (assuming most ooc players move on and maybe 2 or so move on nearer the deadline) so it is exciting that it will be a new team by 1st September, and im keen to see the first few signings to get an idea of where we are headed.
    I’m happy with the appointment but more so because , on paper anyway, he seems to have appointed a strong back room staff.

The signing of Celtics captain , despite our dislike of him , can only be seen as a positive step forward in terms of changing the mentality from plodding away with 3rd or 4th and a cup semi or final defeat to genuinely believing we can win trophies.

The previous tenure was past its sell by date several years ago now but the pandemic probably earned them a stay of execution.

As said by others, I’m looking forward to the transfer window and I’m excited about next season, that’s the first time I can genuinely say that for a good few seasons.

I don't get the negative about Glass being Cormack's mate. He's hardly going to employ someone he doesn't like.

He's invested so far so and surely more likely to invest with someone he trusts in charge.

He might be a nice quiet guy but that's where Brown comes in.

I would imagine that after a couple of defeats and Levein and his sportsound dinosaurs will be taking pot shots for being from a different camp than theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't get the negative about Glass being Cormack's mate. He's hardly going to employ someone he doesn't like.

He's invested so far so and surely more likely to invest with someone he trusts in charge.

He might be a nice quiet guy but that's where Brown comes in.

I would imagine that after a couple of defeats and Levein and his sportsound dinosaurs will be taking pot shots for being from a different camp than theirs.
    Yup i dont think Cormack would employ Glass just because its his mate or because Atlanta are telling him to,at the end of the day the buck stops with Cormack and he obviously trusts/see's something in Glass

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast