+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    I like your optimism but I can see cormack giving glass till December
    Cormack should just do the inevitable now as it will still cost the club the same to sack Glass whenever it gets done. A year’s rolling contract was the deal so just pull the plug on this disaster now….we have suffered enough.

Plenty of managers out there for us to look at so do a genuine proper process and get the right guy in.

I like your optimism but I can see cormack giving glass till December
    I can't see it, especially if we are 13 games without a win after the hertz game, which is reasonably likely I'm afraid. Cormack is heavily influenced by all things American and for sure sports owners in the US are ruthless in removing managers/coaches when their team is losing

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I can't see it, especially if we are 13 games without a win after the hertz game, which is reasonably likely I'm afraid. Cormack is heavily influenced by all things American and for sure sports owners in the US are ruthless in removing managers/coaches when their team is losing
    I agree.

Atlanta United got rid and of Gabriel Heinze after 17 games so I reckon Cormack won’t care if Glass has only been here 6 months.

Well I'm forever hopeful but i can see him giving glass 6 more weeks minimum.

We'll beat sevco.

Doesn't change anything for me. He needs to go.

We might beat Hibs next week , I would t be surprised if their wheels off now after them getting beat yesterday but ultimately I don’t see Glass surviving the next 6 fixtures.

We have players certainly capable of being in 3rd the fact that were a million miles off that is plain as pie that glass hasn't much of a clue and his American pish wont wash here!

We have players certainly capable of being in 3rd the fact that were a million miles off that is plain as pie that glass hasn't much of a clue and his American pish wont wash here!
    Did you go to school?

I'm not sure. Do we stick or twist. If we stick then we need to stick for the whole season.If we twist then we need to twist now or at the latest after the next 3 pointless games. I honestly believe someone like Davidson or Godwin would get more out the "group". I can't see any tangible signs of improvement on the tail end of last season. For me at the moment we are going backwards. I'd love the experiment to work but it's not and i can't see that it will.

I don't think any of us imagined that things could get so bad when Glass was appointed, certainly not in such a short space of time anyway.

We're shocking in so many aspects currently and quite honestly I don't think we're getting out of this slump with Glass in the hotseat.

Under Glass we've played 16 games this season, winning the first 5 out of the opening 6 fixtures. Since then we've went on a monumental slide that sees us with 2 draws and 8 losses from the next 10 games, with a goal difference of -10 (8 - 18).

Take into consideration the games from last season then you're looking at an overall record of 24 games played and a win/draw/loss record of 8/4/12 with a goal difference of -8 (29 - 37). Granted there has been a major overhaul of the squad but in reality we are worse this season with the players he has brought in than we were with the previous set of players.

He has by all accounts been given a very hefty playing budget and on paper the squad looks actually pretty good, the playing style and results however don't reflect that in any way, certainly not since the domestic season has started.

We were very fortunate in a couple of the opening games also and if blunders by opposing keepers never happened then we could be sitting on 5 points from the opening 9 fixtures.

I'm sure that every supporter wanted Glass to succeed, regardless of whether he was your top pick as new manager, but the time has come to shake hands and move on in finding a new manager from that list Cormack harped on about. We are a new managers dream club in that we have a good squad, promising youngsters, amazing support, 1st class training facilities, chairman who will back his choice with signings etc etc.

Please please no Scottish managerial merry-go-round though, the experiment with Glass was the right way to go in trying someone from outside these shores who promised exciting & attacking football. We have the talent to make that style of football a reality with a couple of decent signings!

Finally, the way I look at it is this, we aim to be winning cups/trophies and currently the gruesome twosome have a duopoly on that with the exception of St Johnstone last year. If we want to be as good if not better than them then we have to have the same winning mindset as them. There is not a chance that if Gerrard or Brendan Rodgers had 5 defeats on the bounce, no win in 10 games, knocked out of Europe AND League Cup that they would still be at the helm so why should ours still be? Yes it's early in his tenure but relegation is a very strong possibility with Glass in charge and changing too late makes it harder to avoid.
    Last edited by ZakkTheMakk; 17-10-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast