+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Glass

Well where do you start with that interview. The "highlights" for those that missed it

- Dave sounding a bit unhinged at times, certainly a man under pressure, although was sticking it to Kenny McIntyre plenty
    - no way he is sacking Glass any time soon
    - we need to be patient, kept quoting how hertz stuck with Neilson after last season
    - pretty much threw the senior players under the bus for not performing, Glass getting a pass from his mate
    - more or less acknowledged that this would be a transition season
    - quoted Considine/Simmie/Lewis as telling him training was fantastic and all players 100% behind Glass
    - good news is we have a competitive league - obviously been drinking from the Milne loving cup
    - sat down with Milne/Gunn to talk to Glass about various things - why the f'ck is Milne still involved in meeting the manager????
    - kept going back to the data (possession shots etc) and can't believe we have 0/15 from last 5 games
    - in hindsight Glass should have played a stronger team against Raith - you don't say Dave
    - fans have been great and the silent majority are behind Glass - given they are silent he didn't explain how he knows this of course
    - Oh and process, process and more f'ckin process

So in summary, he trusts Glass to turn it around and we better just suck it up and be patient as he knows best.

How long he can hold the line if we haven't won after 11 games after Hibs, 12 games after sevco, 13 games after herts etc etc is a different question of course. He kept saying he was ruthless with his companies when demanding his staff to deliver so let's see if that transfers across to AFC in time to save the season

Most worrying part of the interview, with the exception of the use of the word 'prawcess', was the fact that Milne still has his grubby paws all over everything AFC.
    Cormack definitely a man under pressure and he can certainly bull**** with the best of them. Nice spat with McIntyre though.

Just a load of corporate speak was it?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Just a load of corporate speak was it?
    Not really, mainly went on about data, data, data!

The data that counts is
    Goals for
    Goals against

I’ve been pushing for folk to be patient.
    I want expansive attacking football.
    We can’t go on with the turgid p’ish we have been watching for the last few years.

I said we might have to wait until March to see the type of football we want but let’s not have a brush with relegation while we’re waiting.

Saturday night was truly dreadful.
    We certainly don’t want to see any more of that.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 18-10-2021 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    The data that counts is
    Goals for
    Goals against

I’ve been pushing for folk to be patient.
    I want expansive attacking football.
    We can’t go on with the turgid p’ish we have been watching for the last few years.

I said we might have to wait until March to see the type of football we want but let’s not have a brush with relegation while we’re waiting.

Saturday night was truly dreadful.
    We certainly don’t want to see any more of that.
    The whole interview is in the Daily R******.

So Milne is still involved. Absolutely shocking. What a bloody mess.

Quote Originally Posted by GosportDon View Post
    Most worrying part of the interview, with the exception of the use of the word 'prawcess', was the fact that Milne still has his grubby paws all over everything AFC.
    Cormack definitely a man under pressure and he can certainly bull**** with the best of them. Nice spat with McIntyre though.
    Agree, how fuuckin depressing it is to think that utter spangle still has any involvement in the actual running of the club.

Would certainly help explain why we’re back to being total shyte though. Milne all over.

That was nae Dave’s finest hour. Clearly very rattled early on though him basically calling McIntyre a hun cuunt gets him multi brownie points with me 😂

The stuff on data and stats was an absolute cringe though. Honestly, wise up min. The only data that counts is the league table and the number of points.

Aye he’s backing Glass, for now - that can and hopefully will change pdq…

I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry listening to that.

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast