+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Glass

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    What’s the general view of Stephen Glass so far?
    Similar to yourself... so far... he's shown he can talk a good game, seems to be focussed and have a clear idea on how he wants to do things, which won't really be implemented until next season when he's been able to bring in the players he feels fit the system and style he wants to adopt.

We've created more chances in the few games he's been in charge than we did in the few months prior to that. There's definitely more emphasis on the midfielders getting forward and getting more men into the box. I think he's probably identified a few areas of weakness - one of which is the mentality, hence signing experienced "captains" like Brown and Gallagher. He will undoubtedly sign some players that don't seem very inspiring to us - he's not got unlimited cash. He'll need to use his budget wisely to get a few real quality players in key positions, and to bring in fresh blood in some of the other areas even if they are of a similar standard or just slightly better than what we've got.

The Celtic game was a good performance - but he'll have learnt a lot about the players from the last second lapse, and also the capitulation against Dundee Utd. I'm happy with him so far - the real test will be next season (the actual signings in the summer are not the be all and end all - it's how he gets them playing on the park that matters, not whether they are "exciting names" - although hopefully a few of them will be!)

Happy so far in that he comes across in positive manner.
    Making the right noises and couple of decent , experienced players signed up already .

How he addresses the glaringly obvious lack of creativity and goal scorers will be a strong test for him.

Also be interesting to see how the clear out goes . I would like a deep one , but if having to release players under contacts that were handed out by previous management , that may impact what budget he is given.

Nobody has mentioned if Richardson has gone , hopefully he has .

He has to budget and that’s difficult in football.

We’re not really in the 5 million pound market, well not for buying anyway.

I don’t think there’s much difference in quality between a 5 million pound player and a 250,000 pound player anyway.

It’s only when the money goes mental that real quality is involved, and even then not necessarily that bloody good.

So

The trick is to get players who are good at the job you’re going to tell them to do.
    Make it simple for them, they don’t have to understand the big picture, only their small part of it.

Don’t continuously play players out of position and don’t fill the entire team with defensive midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    What’s the general view of Stephen Glass so far?

My opinion....he is a decent talker to the press etc and is more positive than the one before him. Got caught flat footed as such in the quarter final of the Scottish Cup but I hope he learns from the glaring flaws we have in our team/squad. It’s obviously not his players he has to work with but the start of next season no excuses it will be his team. He has added a couple of captains and experience to our team and I hope that can only benefit us going forward.
    Bit unfair to say the start of next season will be his team and no excuses,he'll be stuck with some off the sh!te Mcinnes signed on ridiculous contracts so im looking for improvement but i think next season will be one of transition

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Bit unfair to say the start of next season will be his team and no excuses,he'll be stuck with some off the sh!te Mcinnes signed on ridiculous contracts so im looking for improvement but i think next season will be one of transition
    Well , that`s a bit sensible ?!!

Lets hope he can get them all fit enough to play for 93 mins too !!

A serious major rebuild required with this squad. Our midfield going forward and our attacking players are absolutely woeful. Glass should tell Cormack to push the boat out and get Griffiths. He should just be 1 of a number of attacking players coming to join Aberdeen next season.

If i am to be truly honest about Glass so far I will say he is making a hell of a lot of mistakes and been very fortunate that we haven’t dropped more league points. Out of the league cup against a poor Raith Rovers and run riot over by Qarabag at Pittodrie especially.
    Joe Lewis and the defence in front of him need a serious boot up the @rse and our final pass into the box whilst attacking is somehow always wrong.
    A lot of work to get done on the training pitch to make it work.

Sort the defence out and we’re almost there, and even then it’s only central defence.

I’m tempted to give up on Gallacher now.
    He’s a donkey.

Glass got the job for one reason only.

Hope it turns out well, i doubt it though.

McInnes was here for 8 years, we need to give SG more than 8 games to prove himself. It's a project.

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast