+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asymptomatic infections

Asymptomatic infections

I enclose a list of Asymptomatic infections. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymptomatic
    Included in the list is Covid-19 which states that the majority of cases are asymptomatic.
    This means that the Covid-19 virus will never be eradicated as long as people continue to be carriers for this disease but show no symptoms of having the Covid-19 virus.
    Wearing masks or standing two metres apart in shops and public buildings or leaving windows open on buses is not going to stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
    An asymptomatic person walking past you in the street could give you the Covid-19 virus because a person who is asymptomatic for the Covid-19 virus are unaware that they are a carrier in the first place.

Cheer everyone up why don’t you!

I think this is pretty much exactly what most viruses are to be fair although most of them cause little or no serious symptoms in humans. The idea is you vaccinate to prevent the symptoms forming.

To coin a phrase, it aint rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Cheer everyone up why don’t you!
    People need to know that the majority of Covid-19 cases are spread by people who are unaware that they are carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    People need to know that the majority of Covid-19 cases are spread by people who are unaware that they are carriers.
    This is exactly the attitude the scientists took that resulted in excessively restrictive lock down conditions. Assume he's got it, assume she's got it and assume you've got it. Meantime get tested, and if it's negative it makes no difference - you still assume you've got it.

And what is a case? Is it a positive test, is it someone who gets ill with mild symptoms, is it someone who gets ill with severe symptoms or is it an assumption that everyone has it? The 'experts' have over counted for me by calling every positive test a case - not everyone that contracts or will contract Covid - 19 will become ill but their positive test is called a case. I reckon at some point one of these experts will announce that 100% of the population has had it.
    Last edited by Deeranged; 24-03-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    This is exactly the attitude the scientists took that resulted in excessively restrictive lock down conditions. Assume he's got it, assume she's got it and assume you've got it. Meantime get tested, and if it's negative it makes no difference - you still assume you've got it.

And what is a case? Is it a positive test, is it someone who gets ill with mild symptoms, is it someone who gets ill with severe symptoms or is it an assumption that everyone has it? The 'experts' have over counted for me by calling every positive test a case - not everyone that contracts or will contract Covid - 19 will become ill but their positive test is called a case. I reckon at some point one of these experts will announce that 100% of the population has had it.
    I am not one of the population who has had Covid-19 as I have had the full test at Kings Cross Hospital on two separate occasions and each time it was negative. My test was the full test and not the ‘mickey mouse’ DIY test that people are administering themselves.
    Last September a large number of St Mirren players tested positive for Covid-19 as a result of their tests being taken by a private company. From memory the following day the same players received a Covid-19 test from the NHS with the majority of the players testing negative. They still had to isolate which seemed daft to me especially as the players who had tested positive were past the incubation period for spreading the disease.

Are you being deliberately stupid now? It's someone who tests positive.

If you go to the doctor and he does some tests and says you have,let's pick anything,diabetes,cancer,an std, but you think you have no symptoms, you still have whatever the doctor found.

So let's use the same standard for covid...

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I am not one of the population who has had Covid-19 as I have had the full test at Kings Cross Hospital on two separate occasions and each time it was negative. My test was the full test and not the ‘mickey mouse’ DIY test that people are administering themselves.
    Last September a large number of St Mirren players tested positive for Covid-19 as a result of their tests being taken by a private company. From memory the following day the same players received a Covid-19 test from the NHS with the majority of the players testing negative. They still had to isolate which seemed daft to me especially as the players who had tested positive were past the incubation period for spreading the disease.
    Unless you also had an antibody test you can’t possibly say you’ve never had Covid.

You can say that you weren’t positive on the two test days but that’s all. Kings Crossxwere doing PCR tests, which is likely what you had.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Are you being deliberately stupid now? It's someone who tests positive.

If you go to the doctor and he does some tests and says you have,let's pick anything,diabetes,cancer,an std, but you think you have no symptoms, you still have whatever the doctor found.

So let's use the same standard for covid...
    Maybe you're deliberately avoiding the point I'm making, maybe you're being deliberately stupid or maybe it's just the way you are.

The point I'm making, and it's pretty clear from what I wrote, that you don't need to have tested positive or negative as we're being asked to assume that everyone, ourselves included, has it whether symptomatic or not. Then even if you've tested negative you still have to assume you have it because you might have caught it on the way to the test centre and it didn't show up.

I went for my first jab yesterday and got all the usual questions about any symptoms or positive test within the last whatever, all of course answered as no. Then as a final gambit I was asked to remember that although I haven't had symptoms or a positive test to remember I might have caught it on the away into the Caird Hall that day so I've not to assume I'm protected by the vaccination that I've just received to protect me from it. So in effect I was asked to assume I have it.

Massive, massive over reaction to this whole thing from day one with the scientists and governments causing panic and confusion with their mixed messages and clearly ill thought out advice.

I'm not being deliberately stupid, I'm deliberately applying common sense but maybe you're an accountant and don't have any?

Maybe you're deliberately avoiding the point I'm making, maybe you're being deliberately stupid or maybe it's just the way you are.

The point I'm making, and it's pretty clear from what I wrote, that you don't need to have tested positive or negative as we're being asked to assume that everyone, ourselves included, has it whether symptomatic or not. Then even if you've tested negative you still have to assume you have it because you might have caught it on the way to the test centre and it didn't show up.

I went for my first jab yesterday and got all the usual questions about any symptoms or positive test within the last whatever, all of course answered as no. Then as a final gambit I was asked to remember that although I haven't had symptoms or a positive test to remember I might have caught it on the away into the Caird Hall that day so I've not to assume I'm protected by the vaccination that I've just received to protect me from it. So in effect I was asked to assume I have it.

Massive, massive over reaction to this whole thing from day one with the scientists and governments causing panic and confusion with their mixed messages and clearly ill thought out advice.

I'm not being deliberately stupid, I'm deliberately applying common sense but maybe you're an accountant and don't have any?
    Don't think there's been much if anything at all you have posted about the "pandemic" that ive disagreed with.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)