+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Local lads we missed out on

Matt Hamshaw

Matty Longstaff
    Newcastle
    Last edited by flourbasher; 24-03-2021 at 07:58 AM.

As Sota said. There were many Sunday morning players you saw at first hand, and wondered why they didn't make it. So many distractions for young ****s. Maybe not quite the dedication or disipline required to make it. Maybe they were in jobs that were more secure or paid better.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    As Sota said. There were many Sunday morning players you saw at first hand, and wondered why they didn't make it. So many distractions for young ****s. Maybe not quite the dedication or disipline required to make it. Maybe they were in jobs that were more secure or paid better.
    Interesting observation that jock about jobs, because I remember us signing Johnny Woodall back in the 1970's/80's from Scarborough, and he had maybe a couple of seasons with us before saying he got more money from playing part time with Scarbrough in non league and working a normal job so went back to playing for Scarbrough part time and working, that is if my memory serves me right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Interesting observation that jock about jobs, because I remember us signing Johnny Woodall back in the 1970's/80's from Scarborough, and he had maybe a couple of seasons with us before saying he got more money from playing part time with Scarbrough in non league and working a normal job so went back to playing for Scarbrough part time and working, that is if my memory serves me right?
    If my memory is right, I think he was only with us for about 4 months. Good player.

He went back to work in shipbuilding I think (shows how long ago)

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    If my memory is right, I think he was only with us for about 4 months. Good player.

It’s not the fella from Southampton who used to post on here is it?

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Why would anyone post a reply, then log off? Multi, perhaps.

Chris Wolstenholme was a damn fine forward and when Warney was fitness coach he suggested signing him up but Chris was more interested in fannying about with his guitar so Warney told him to do one and it all turned out badly for everyone.
    Sota, It might be a genuine SOS from NYC??? Then again

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post

I thought it was longer than 4 months Perigord but the mind plays tricks now lol, and yes a very good player.

Billy Sharp. Even the pied lobbed at him at S****horpe missed!

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    It’s not the fella from Southampton who used to post on here is it?
    You're not thinking of Gerry Forest, GM?

Another geordie-ish lad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast