+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Yates

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    What 'sell on' clause do you think we will have inserted?

If its anything decent, it'll generate more than we sold him for last summer (reported to be around £200k or £300k??)
    Probably won’t have just to get him off the wage bill knowing our chief negotiator.

Everyone on here always said he would come good......yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Everyone on here always said he would come good......yeah right
    I never rated Yates, what ever Rotherham got for him, was a bonus to the club.
    If there is a sell on clause, all the better for Rotherham, but I don't think our
    board, have anyone to have thought about it, just glad to get him off wage bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I never rated Yates, what ever Rotherham got for him, was a bonus to the club.
    If there is a sell on clause, all the better for Rotherham, but I don't think our
    board, have anyone to have thought about it, just glad to get him off wage bill.
    Yes, we would have been paying a wage to a bench warmer

We are paying a bigger wage now to a bench warmer tis rumoured

Jerry kick started PW's managerial career which, ironically, was at Blackpool

We were on a bad run and losing at Bloomfield rd to a very very poor Pool side. Many fans were unhappy we had done the cheap option of appointing a fitness coach from within
    Jerry came on as a sub and changed the entire game and we ended up winning

As others have said it didn't work out at RUFC for him and sometimes it needs a change of scenery
    Look no further than Michael Smith

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We are paying a bigger wage now to a bench warmer tis rumoured
    Or more likely his parent club is

I would guess that whatever portion we are paying towards GH wages, it will be considerably less than we were paying to JY in full!

Although I didn't see anything special in the lad (which proves I'm not gru) in the few times I saw him play, I am sure he would have scored coming off the bench this season, unlike the other lad!!

Lets hope you and grist are reight on that one

Blackpool looking for 2m for him... Forest at front of queue. Barnsley did not get where they are by missing a single payday in this fashion.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast