Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Alioski's delight

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,661

    Alioski's delight

    Apparently in next window heading to (gulp) Galatasaray.........

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,563
    if we take 3 points against the blades I hope that MB gives some of the youngsters a shot in the remaining games.

    Alioski's been very good for Leeds but it's time to blood some of the youngsters to see if we have a replacement in the system.

    Really hope that MB gives a striker and the halfs a chance as well.

    Hate to say it but if they have any feeling that Rapha might be leaving (80-95 million talks a lot) I hope he gives the U-23s a shot.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,754
    I will be sad to see him go, he gives his all in every game, ok sometimes he is left wanting but has scored some great goals including a header on one occasion I recall, where I still don't know how he out jumped the defenders. His post match interview have always been entertaining and some of the feedback from his team mates shows he's a real team player who likes a laugh.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Apparently in next window heading to (gulp) Galatasaray.........
    Disappointed we havent got him under a new contract (or at least heard wind of such negotiations as you might expect)., doesnt reflect well on the club IMHO.

    Agree with others about what he brings to the side outside of what he contributes on the pitch as a player. The team is more than just a collection of skilled players and at present I can only think of Ayling, Dallas and possibly Cooper in addition to Alioski as those who have "presence". Others may grow into being able to give that, Raphina being one, if we can retain him, but right now it's a quality in v short supply.

    And as for "that" club, I simply don't believe Alioski would go there.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Disappointed we havent got him under a new contract (or at least heard wind of such negotiations as you might expect)., doesnt reflect well on the club IMHO.

    Agree with others about what he brings to the side outside of what he contributes on the pitch as a player. The team is more than just a collection of skilled players and at present I can only think of Ayling, Dallas and possibly Cooper in addition to Alioski as those who have "presence". Others may grow into being able to give that, Raphina being one, if we can retain him, but right now it's a quality in v short supply.

    And as for "that" club, I simply don't believe Alioski would go there.
    Not sure on that WTF - he has been great for us and hope he enjoyed this season but he must know the club is looking for better and he will get little game time - wish him well wherever he ends up.

    The rumour is the club were willing to offer one more year but he wants one last good contract for more years.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Not sure on that WTF - he has been great for us and hope he enjoyed this season but he must know the club is looking for better and he will get little game time - wish him well wherever he ends up.

    The rumour is the club were willing to offer one more year but he wants one last good contract for more years.
    If the rumour is true I hope he accepts the year.

    As for "looking for better" I see little or no evidence that the club has done so (the fact that we have to play so many in that difficult LB position shows that to be true), and given Alioskis ability to play effectively (if not world class) in just about any position (i know we havent seen him (yet) between the sticks or as CF!) I don't see any prospect of having a replacement any time soon (and that includes all the foreign imports we're being linked with, (yes the xenophobe is back!)) that is any improvement.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If the rumour is true I hope he accepts the year.

    As for "looking for better" I see little or no evidence that the club has done so (the fact that we have to play so many in that difficult LB position shows that to be true), and given Alioskis ability to play effectively (if not world class) in just about any position (i know we havent seen him (yet) between the sticks or as CF!) I don't see any prospect of having a replacement any time soon (and that includes all the foreign imports we're being linked with, (yes the xenophobe is back!)) that is any improvement.
    I like him and his spirit but if he gets one last big contract for 4 years then good luck to him.

    Would be happy to play Davies or Huggins there too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,503
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If the rumour is true I hope he accepts the year.

    As for "looking for better" I see little or no evidence that the club has done so (the fact that we have to play so many in that difficult LB position shows that to be true), and given Alioskis ability to play effectively (if not world class) in just about any position (i know we havent seen him (yet) between the sticks or as CF!) I don't see any prospect of having a replacement any time soon (and that includes all the foreign imports we're being linked with, (yes the xenophobe is back!)) that is any improvement.
    I think a big part of not replacing LB this season was not ripping up an entire squad to build a new one straight away. Bielsa had faith in Dallas and Alioski to fill that spot and they have to certain extents.

    I'm sure it will be a priority next season and the hope I have which is why I want to see him play more is that Huggins or someone else from the youth squad can step up to be our reserve left back.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,503
    Been reading a lot of stuff on Twitter today about peoples opinions of him going to Galatasary.

    For me, yes what happened was horrible but at some point we have to stop blaming 'Galatasary' , just like when our fans have done stupid **** or you get racist fans in grounds or that clown who punched Chris Kirkland we don't want to blame an entire club for the actions of a group or a few. Yes I know before people say it what happened was much much worse but it is the idea that we can keep blaming their fans for something a group of thugs did 20 years ago.

    I honestly think if he goes there we use it as a chance to build some bridges between the two clubs because what scares me is us getting into Europe again and all this animosity causing something tragic to happen. It is time to build some unity whilst remembering the tragic loss of two Leeds fans. I know people will disagree but I can't spend my entire life hating people for something they themselves did not do. The best way we can honour their memory now is by remembering them and leaving hate behind other than for those who caused the crimes.

    The nonsense comparing him to Kewell is absolutely ludicrous also and any fan making that connection doesn't actually care about Chris or Kevin, they're more interested in peddling their own hate. Kewell was and is a cnut, I do not think I will ever despise someone more from him going to Liverpool and screwing us over money to then going there and pretending he was doing it for us. Absolute scum, he will never be forgiven.

  10. #10
    Hear what you are saying and pretty much agree that there comes a point where bridges have to be built.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •