Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
When working for York City Council before my illness I dealt with 16/18 year olds wanting to enrol in Apprenticeship courses at York College were I was based.
Some of those kids where from football clubs who had not been taken on.
Many where not well educated,distraught and felt the end of the world had happened.
Came in with their parents in tears not knowing we're to turn,all very sad.

Since then the FA with Pro Academy set ups has vastly changed that scenario thankfully and York was the first education establishment in UK to set up a special course to help youngsters rejected from football to be career retrained or helped back into non league football or given second opportunities by playing in Scandinavian football semi pro.

Today York college works closely with i2i Football Academy's in getting things correct from the start educating young players many of which ended up with Leeds in recent seasons.

I'll also state that when in Mental Health facilities most of the kids my age had come from abusive situations and one or to adults I personally know through private re-hab facilities where well known footballers with awful issues beyond comprehension not helped by media intrusion and social media abuse.

But obviously still a lot of work to be done and more Government power to be put on the PL coffers to help wouldn't go amiss.

All abuse is shocking and disgusting end of.
Very sad indeed Totty. Just hope they all come out the other side of these situations like yourself. 👍