+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley is no more

Ardley is no more

Notts have today sacked Ardley and Abbott

Part one of a good move by the owners. Part two is replacing him.

Wow did not expect that. Time will tell if it was a good move, whoever we appoint will have an objective to get promotion I’m sure, but will still have next season if we don’t.

Well, I'm surprised, but I'll be moreso if they don't have someone solid lined up to replace him.

"We are not inviting applications for the manager’s position. A further update will be provided to supporters in the near future."

Yeah, deal is done.

We have parted company with our first-team manager Neal Ardley and assistant manager Greg Abbott.

Ardley, who took charge in November 2018, left his post this afternoon following an amicable meeting with our owners, Chris and Alex Reedtz, who have issued the following statement:

"We wish to place on record the huge respect we have for Neal both as a manager and a man.

"He stuck by this club through some of its darkest hours and has played a leading role in stabilising us following a devastating relegation, helping to maintain a close connection between the players, staff and supporters in the most trying of circumstances.

"We will never forget the job he did in guiding us to last season’s play-off final at Wembley and some of the excellent performances he has extracted from the team during our time at the helm.

"It has also been pleasing to see an upturn in recent results, including another spirited fightback last night, and we understand, therefore, that this announcement may come as a surprise to our supporters, who we know share our view that Neal is an excellent ambassador for the club.

"We do not, however, apply short-term thinking to decisions of this magnitude. We consider many factors which far outweigh our results in the last few matches and these deliberations have ultimately led us to conclude that we can be better, and that a change is needed to take us to the next level.

"Neal has always said that when the time comes for him to depart Meadow Lane, he will leave having helped to create a far better footballing environment than he inherited. He has undoubtedly achieved that and we will forever be grateful to him for his efforts in rebuilding a platform for the club to go on and achieve success.

"We would also like to express our gratitude to Greg, who has been a terrific support to Neal and a valuable member of our backroom team since his arrival last year. He and Neal depart with our very best wishes."

We are not inviting applications for the manager’s position. A further update will be provided to supporters in the near future.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...eparts-240321/

Not taking applicants so they must have someone lined up....how’s their luck?!

Good luck Neal.

In my opinion it's 15 months later than it should have been. I don't think he can argue he wasn't given a fair crack.

Yipee

I think it's the right decision but I am sad to see him go. We haven't been anywhere near the level of expectation in terms of performances and results this season but for me I hope he looks back on his time at the worlds greatest football club with affection and knows he can look to the future knowing he always gave his best and can hold his head high.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast