+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: International Football Days

International Football Days

International days are the bane of the game. Other than those taking part in these matches nobody else on the entire planet is allowed to kick a ball.

For the first time ever Dick I agree with one of your posts.

What is the point?

For example England (population 67,886,011) v San Marino (population 33,983).

Does anyone really want to see a mismatch like this?

https://www.worldometers.info/popula...by-population/

Results today in World Cup qualifiers:-

Cayman Islands v Canada. 0:11
    Mongolia v Japan. 0:14

No doubt many more to come.

Teams travelling all over the world for farcical mis-matches.

Surely if the game is a qualifier then it's necessary because we don't want to end up like the World Series where only Americans are involved,anyway it may be the only time that some smaller countries football fans get to see international football live so I'm all for it

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Surely if the game is a qualifier then it's necessary because we don't want to end up like the World Series where only Americans are involved,anyway it may be the only time that some smaller countries football fans get to see international football live so I'm all for it
    I forgot you like mismatches Chalky.

Stockport County v Hartlepool 0-10!

Germany 1 North Macedonia 2

Probably the greatest result in their history and something to be proud of,keep the underdog qualifiers going I say 😎

Who remembers San Marino scoring on the first seven seconds against England when we already needed a bag full to qualify?

This is what football is about,,you can't exclude smaller countries from qualifying just because they aren't as big as other major forces in countries

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)