+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phoning Tannadice

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Sorry again JJ for going off your topic but i think it is important to highlight the pitfalls of the new normal of working from home.I'm sure the nightmare the Tory led Angus council have dragged me through would never have happened without the work from home rule.
    Maybe perhaps they know my credentials and just decided to put me through a living hell trying to help out my elderly relative who BTW votes for them,FACT.
    GB I am p..h on computer but took me seconds to find out that angus council is not tory run best not to believe everything that is posted on forums you are far better at finding out stuff on computer than me would take you no time to find the truth.

Sorry again JJ for going off your topic but i think it is important to highlight the pitfalls of the new normal of working from home.I'm sure the nightmare the Tory led Angus council have dragged me through would never have happened without the work from home rule.
    Maybe perhaps they know my credentials and just decided to put me through a living hell trying to help out my elderly relative who BTW votes for them,FACT.
    I've lived in Angus now for about 13 years and my wife works for the council. They have been fkn useless for that entire time. Through the wife I see the huge waste of money that goes on. She used to work where I do now and used to moan about it. When she got the job at the council I warned her she'll encounter wasters at an entirely different level (in previous jobs I'd worked with other councils before) which she was skeptical about. Totally agrees with me now, it's cultural and I think you are right, a lot of folk are ripping the piss out of working from home in there. This does not surprise me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Taking it that is a dig at me ?Maybe better checking you'r facts before having a dig at people chick.Angus council leader is independent and council is split with 9 snp 9 independent 8 tory and 2 lib.But lets not let the facts get in the way you can pretend it's a tory stronghold as much as you like
    This is one of the main issues with Angus Council, having a split leadership. I hate the Tories, but even a split leadership is worse than them. There are no consistent decisions or plan able to be made

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    This is one of the main issues with Angus Council, having a split leadership. I hate the Tories, but even a split leadership is worse than them. There are no consistent decisions or plan able to be made
    Yeah you are probably right with snp and independent having 9 each and tory's 8 think will be hard to get any sort of an agreement .

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    GB I am p..h on computer but took me seconds to find out that angus council is not tory run best not to believe everything that is posted on forums you are far better at finding out stuff on computer than me would take you no time to find the truth.
    I had never done it mate honest but here it is.

https://www.angus.gov.uk/council_and...0the%20Council.

Its a coalition made up of Tories,Independent's and a Liberal.I knew the SNP had no power as i complained to THEM about my treatment but they said it was not down to them,i thought it was mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Im still in shock that people still call companies 😂 tbf utd should have setup a chat function as well but email response has been brilliant during lockdown.
    As GB pointed out earlier many older folk aren't computer literate and even those that are, like him, don't feel comfortable with transferring money etc. online. Personally I just prefer to speak to people but I realise nowadays this makes me seem as if I've just come off the Ark.

To be fair though it probably would not matter anyway,the post by Terence shows me i would probably have been in the same position regardless of the council make up.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    As GB pointed out earlier many older folk aren't computer literate and even those that are, like him, don't feel comfortable with transferring money etc. online. Personally I just prefer to speak to people but I realise nowadays this makes me seem as if I've just come off the Ark.
    Good post mate and setting up accounts etc online for my elderly relative is never happening as a younger relative of mine did this and nearly ended up being charged with fraud.
    I had to close them all down.

I had never done it mate honest but here it is.

https://www.angus.gov.uk/council_and...0the%20Council.

Its a coalition made up of Tories,Independent's and a Liberal.I knew the SNP had no power as i complained to THEM about my treatment but they said it was not down to them,i thought it was mate.
    No bother not a problem was just that chick reackons angus is a tory stronghold for some reason and had a dig at me after reading u and the guy scotties posts saying was tory run because I disagreed with him before about it not being a tory stronghold.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I agree with you and GB hate paying for stuff over computer and am hopeless at getting anything done on it.Lot of people older than me just don't have computers or phones to do it on either.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)