+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hearts v Queens

Believe it or not I am agreeing with Francis.................there is maybe not zero pressure at Queens, but far less than the insane pressure at Hearts. The reason why there is zero pressure at Queens at the the moment is because the team are exceeding all our expectations, and AJ has done exactly what was asked on this forum, plus a lot more.

Sadly, the contentment will not last, - not because of the BOD or the manager, - but because of 'bigger' clubs like Livi swallowing up our players, like a greedy brown trout in a small loch, aided and abetted by agents lining their own pockets and with zero interest in grass roots football.

There is no doubt that smaller teams could become stronger, - if they were able to benefit from nurturing a player, but the present set up is not interested in letting the small fish survive, provided the big boys survive at all costs.

That's all fair and well until the competition is wiped out and the big boys have no-one to play, - which is kind of like the cannibalistic brown trout which eats up all the little fish and then it dies of starvation.

I was just thinking with Queens winning at Tynecastle for the first time in a league match since 1963 and the club's length of absence from the top flight.
    I wonder if any other current league clubs have a longer time away from the top flight as Queens have?
    I was thinking of East Fife perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I was just thinking with Queens winning at Tynecastle for the first time in a league match since 1963 and the club's length of absence from the top flight.
    I wonder if any other current league clubs have a longer time away from the top flight as Queens have?
    I was thinking of East Fife perhaps...
    Start going through the bottom two Scottish Divisions on your favourite site Wickepedia and you will find out

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Start going through the bottom two Scottish Divisions on your favourite site Wikipedia and you will find out
    Could do thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Believe it or not I am agreeing with Francis.................there is maybe not zero pressure at Queens, but far less than the insane pressure at Hearts. The reason why there is zero pressure at Queens at the the moment is because the team are exceeding all our expectations, and AJ has done exactly what was asked on this forum, plus a lot more.

Sadly, the contentment will not last, - not because of the BOD or the manager, - but because of 'bigger' clubs like Livi swallowing up our players, like a greedy brown trout in a small loch, aided and abetted by agents lining their own pockets and with zero interest in grass roots football.

There is no doubt that smaller teams could become stronger, - if they were able to benefit from nurturing a player, but the present set up is not interested in letting the small fish survive, provided the big boys survive at all costs.

That's all fair and well until the competition is wiped out and the big boys have no-one to play, - which is kind of like the cannibalistic brown trout which eats up all the little fish and then it dies of starvation.

yes jardi there should be less pressure while the team are performing to an ok level ,but what about when thay are playing crap ,struggling with squad numbers ect ect fighting relegation ,thats what i mean zero pressure from the fans when playing crap and struggling ,not acceptable anywhere else .not just the manager but the board need pressure applied at times .

Don't get me wrong Francis, I will criticise if I feel that players or a manager are not pulling their weight, - but the point that I was making in the above post is that we are kind of on a hiding to nothing, - regardless of what the BOD and the manager does because of the insane system that we operate in.

Obilye is a perfect example; - he was snapped up from obscurity by Johnson and essentially by the BOD at Queens, - but due to the present system, - Livi or any other bigger team can come in and take him from Queens without so much as a 'thank you.' In any other sphere of life that is a form of bullying, and there should be protection in place to ensure that the nurturing club receives some sort of recognition.

However, - if as a society we cannot eradicate racism in the 21st century or use Artificial Intelligence to prevent on-line abuse, - we're hardly likely to see that the present policy with regards to players and protection for clubs being sorted any time soon.

It's when you accept that, - it must make BOD's sick to the back teeth of all the regulations they are obliged to follow, - but if they do nurture a talent they can't do anything about it.

There must be a fairer way for both the nurturing clubs and the players as individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Don't get me wrong Francis, I will criticise if I feel that players or a manager are not pulling their weight, - but the point that I was making in the above post is that we are kind of on a hiding to nothing, - regardless of what the BOD and the manager does because of the insane system that we operate in.

Obilye is a perfect example; - he was snapped up from obscurity by Johnson and essentially by the BOD at Queens, - but due to the present system, - Livi or any other bigger team can come in and take him from Queens without so much as a 'thank you.' In any other sphere of life that is a form of bullying, and there should be protection in place to ensure that the nurturing club receives some sort of recognition.

However, - if as a society we cannot eradicate racism in the 21st century or use Artificial Intelligence to prevent on-line abuse, - we're hardly likely to see that the present policy with regards to players and protection for clubs being sorted any time soon.

It's when you accept that, - it must make BOD's sick to the back teeth of all the regulations they are obliged to follow, - but if they do nurture a talent they can't do anything about it.

There must be a fairer way for both the nurturing clubs and the players as individuals.

bosman rule needs scrapped jardi lower financed clubs could operate on a bigger scale when thay were in a position to demand a payment for a player even after a contract finished to move to a new club permission was needed from the players previous club ,that bosman ruling wrecked 80% or more of the worlds clubs from competing with the elite teams .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)