+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Internationals

Internationals

Congratulations to Ollie on scoring on his debut. What a great moment. Also to Ginny who scored a fantastic goal for Scotland. We have missed that sort of swashbuckling finish at Villa and has reinforced my belief we need him more in the opposition penalty area rather than hanging around on the half way line. I’d like to see him in the Barkley/Samson/Ramsey position and Marvelous taking his.

While I’m on formation, and given we have been so offensively poor since missing Jack, how about dropping one of the under performing wingers for a Davis/Watkins combo upfront.

Totally agree, 442. We cannot keep playing with two off form wingers!
    Ps would have loved to have seen Jack play last night, he would have had a field day.

Congratulations indeed to Ollie... Last villa player to score for England aas Bent in 2011. But who was the last villa player to score on his England debut in 2002?

Hhmmm, without google, I would say Crouch or Dion!! I will go for Dion but to be honest I cannot remember either scoring for England.
    Now Im going to google..

Nice to see Ollie score on his debut, amazing what happens when you get fed a pass at the right time, our wingers and midfield take note? Been saying pretty much since Jack was out that watkins/davis should be tried, it couldnt have made recent results any worse in my view. Oh and it was Darius in 2002 I think? If right can my prize be that Barkley never ever plays for us again, thanks in advance

Oh right DV....
    As for England, 2nd half England starring playing like villa you know, crab football, pass to the left then back to the right then back left, right left. When they actually passed to Watkins, he scored......simples!

Boring.....bloody internationals

Given that we supposedly have a large amount of attacking talent, it begs the question why are we so dull to watch?

Further evidence that SJM should be playing higher up the pitch for the Villa.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)