+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon gloating about nurses 4% pay rise paid by Westminster

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The SNP have been highlighting the disparity in covid spending for a year although they've been hesitant to attack the tories for their massive corruption as a war against the British state is unwinnable. Maybe Alex Salmond can do that if he's elected as he has nothing to lose really.
    We developed our own Track and Trace system. How much did that cost and where did the money for it come from?
    As for Alec Salmond I think that the 50% of people who don't want an independence referendum are always going to say that they don't want him involved. Still think he is a very strong advocate for independence and I can't see him hurting that cause.

Found a tech site that said we took the Google Apple option that the English declined because of concerns about data. Seems that was the smart move and the cost was reported as £3m. Not sure how many people use it though. I don't have it on my mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    We developed our own Track and Trace system. How much did that cost and where did the money for it come from?
    As for Alec Salmond I think that the 50% of people who don't want an independence referendum are always going to say that they don't want him involved. Still think he is a very strong advocate for independence and I can't see him hurting that cause.
    The Scottish govt used the technology already available so the app didn't cost much. The tories have allocated £37bn up till now for their covid programme, most of that has been spent in the private sector. As Scotgov have spent most of their funds in the NHS, can't you see how this nonsense about barnett allowing for higher pay rises in Scotland is just that? The tories don't want to spend more on public services in England, they want to privatise them. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Found a tech site that said we took the Google Apple option that the English declined because of concerns about data. Seems that was the smart move and the cost was reported as £3m. Not sure how many people use it though. I don't have it on my mobile.
    I think the app is a bit of a gimmick so far as people haven't been mixing much this past year. It would be interesting to know how often it has sent alerts given plenty aren't interested in doing their bit.

I think the app is a bit of a gimmick so far as people haven't been mixing much this past year. It would be interesting to know how often it has sent alerts given plenty aren't interested in doing their bit.
    Dead right. If people like me who need to stay safe don't want to use it why would youngsters sign up for something that is useful after the event. If you get a call you are supposed to go for a test and self isolate until you get the results. The system worked on bluetooth connections and I am not sure how accurate the measurement of the length of time or the actual closeness of the contact.

The Scottish govt used the technology already available so the app didn't cost much. The tories have allocated £37bn up till now for their covid programme, most of that has been spent in the private sector. As Scotgov have spent most of their funds in the NHS, can't you see how this nonsense about barnett allowing for higher pay rises in Scotland is just that? The tories don't want to spend more on public services in England, they want to privatise them. It's as simple as that.
    I think the fact that it has been spent triggers the Barnett consequentials. It shouldn't be something to disagree about. If I am right there should be a way to get corroboration and equally if you are right there should be corroboration. I would be cross if the Westminster spending on their Track and Trace system was £37bn and we didn't get the pro rata share. The fact that we may have used a different method and saved the money to use elsewhere seems to me to be a reasonable approach provided both Track and Trace systems provide comparable results.

I think we can agree that Barnett exists and is meant to ensure the devolved nations receive prorata funding based on spending in England. The question is, do you believe the UK govt pays for all of it or do you believe that Scottish people actually pay taxes as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)