+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Turner update

Jason Turner update

Our chief executive Jason Turner has provided an update on several club matters.

Firstly, I hope all our supporters and their families have managed to stay safe and well since my last update in October.

At that time, we were entering a ‘firebreak’ process at the club after withdrawing from the Emirates FA Cup and postponing two league matches due to a Covid case in our camp.

As we all know, the pandemic has since caused more disruption to our season but, with the overall picture now looking a little brighter, I’m pleased to say that our preparations to welcome supporters back to Meadow Lane have moved up a notch in recent weeks.

The government’s roadmap out of lockdown means there’s a chance we could welcome up to 4,000 people to our match against Weymouth on Saturday 22 May, our final home fixture of the season. While nothing is set in stone and we ask fans to remain cautiously optimistic, we sincerely hope that everything goes according to plan between now and then so that we can finally see some of you again.

2019-20 season ticket holders, hospitality, Lifeline and OSA members will be at the forefront of our thoughts when it comes to ticket allocations for the Weymouth match. The same will apply for the Buildbase FA Trophy final should we progress against Hornchurch next weekend, with the FA recently confirming that a limited number of spectators will be permitted at Wembley.

I’m sure you’ll all agree that our decision not to go on sale with 2020-21 season tickets has proven to be justified. We are already giving thought to next season’s package for 2019-20 renewals and new purchasers and look forward to sharing the details in due course.

When supporters do eventually return to Meadow Lane, we will be doing all we can to provide a safe environment. On that note, during the pandemic many retailers have encouraged customers to use debit cards rather than cash wherever possible in order to minimise the risk of transmission and we are considering following suit.

Not only would the elimination of cash transactions assist in safeguarding your health, it would speed up transaction processing, giving you a more efficient service, while also saving the club the costs of cash counting, handling and security, and reducing bank charges and insurance premiums.

If you feel that such a step would adversely affect your enjoyment of a visit to Meadow Lane, we would be very interested to hear your views. Please use the below form to get in touch or, alternatively, call our supporter liaison officer, Alice Kelk, on 0115 955 7241.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...update-190321/

Nice to be updated - nothing there I wouldn't expect from the club to be fair

He mentioned going cashless, but I know that when I wanted to use my debit card to pay for a programme there was an addtional £0.60 charge because the purchase was under £6 and that is what I was told by Lynn in the clubshop, and whilst £0.60 does not sound a lot over the course of the years it will soon add up and basically you are being penalised for not being able to spend cash.

This could be the same for the concession stands as well.

Shall we assume that the mininnum spend will be scrapped if the club goes cashless?

Quote Originally Posted by BudBundy View Post
    He mentioned going cashless, but I know that when I wanted to use my debit card to pay for a programme there was an addtional £0.60 charge because the purchase was under £6 and that is what I was told by Lynn in the clubshop, and whilst £0.60 does not sound a lot over the course of the years it will soon add up and basically you are being penalised for not being able to spend cash.

This could be the same for the concession stands as well.

Shall we assume that the mininnum spend will be scrapped if the club goes cashless?
    That is just the kind of point to make in the comment request form in the article. Good point too.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That is just the kind of point to make in the comment request form in the article. Good point too.
    Totally, agree with the point raised as well, if Notts are going to go cashless then the minimum spend charge has to go, and we need to remember that a lot of our support are elderly so may prefer using cash.

My opinion is this season should be completed behind closed doors now.

My reason for this is it makes it fair for everyone some teams COULD have a few home games to fill in towards the end of the season.

My other reason is 18-29 are unlikely to have been jabbed so its madness to put them at risk.

I know MOST 18-29 year olds are likely to take the risk but it should be taken out their hands by being BCD.

I know this wont be a popular opinion with some but id focus on fans next season giving the country an extra 2-3 months to jab everyone at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    My opinion is this season should be completed behind closed doors now.

My reason for this is it makes it fair for everyone some teams COULD have a few home games to fill in towards the end of the season.

My other reason is 18-29 are unlikely to have been jabbed so its madness to put them at risk.

I know MOST 18-29 year olds are likely to take the risk but it should be taken out their hands by being BCD.

I know this wont be a popular opinion with some but id focus on fans next season giving the country an extra 2-3 months to jab everyone at least once.
    I agree, but will still go this season if I can.

“the elimination of cash [reduces] bank charges”

Really? That surprises me. In North America businesses typically much prefer cash as that’s the only time they don’t pay any bank fees. It’s credit/debit card use that siphons their profits.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    “the elimination of cash [reduces] bank charges”

Really? That surprises me. In North America businesses typically much prefer cash as that’s the only time they don’t pay any bank fees. It’s credit/debit card use that siphons their profits.
    It differs slightly between banks, but in the UK businesses can pay up to around £1 in bank charges for every £100 in cash they bank. Work it out. Jason knows what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    It differs slightly between banks, but in the UK businesses can pay up to around £1 in bank charges for every £100 in cash they bank. Work it out. Jason knows what he's talking about.
    So they need to stop the mininnum charge for using a debit card/contactless, otherwise we are going to be paying extra every time we want a cuppa at half time or a programme.

I have a big problem forcing people to go cashless, some people do not want to and should not be made to go contactless if they do not want too.
    Last edited by ireallyhateforest; 21-03-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast