+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Grand National 2021

O/T Grand National 2021

Any tips?

I have to pick the current favourite Cloth Cap to match the Victor Meldrew image

Thoughts on outright winner?

Best E/w bet?

If it rains and we get soft ground Potters Corner has a great chance.

Cloth cap no value. Secret Reprieve won Welsh national low weight 7 year old that's against it but horse doesn't know that. My tentative selection.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Cloth cap no value. Secret Reprieve won Welsh national low weight 7 year old that's against it but horse doesn't know that. My tentative selection.
    What’s its “falling down” record?

I’m staying we’ll clear of your selection after your Cheltenham week 🤣🤣 now I’ve put that you’ll probably bloody win it 🤣

The last 7 year old to win the national was in 1940 gru, because the younger horses at jumps level haven't the stamina for the bigger Aintree fences. From 2015 till now it was 8 & 9 year old winners and the previous years it was 10 & 11 year olds that dominated the grand national winners list.
    Weight wise it is anything from low 10 stone to low 11 stone with the odd winner around 11-7 and the only winner at 12 stone in recent decades being Red Rum.
    Piece of cake then lol.

I know being a 7 yr old is against my selection but trends are there to be broken. Hasn't our very own Rotherham United got results this season they haven't got for decades!

Another thing jump racing it's changed. Depending on breeding line some horses peak earlier now & by time they are 8 yr olds are ready for retirement.

Another thing jump racing it's changed. Depending on breeding line some horses peak earlier now & by time they are 8 yr olds are ready for retirement.
    Yes thats true, the fences at Aintree in particular have been " sanitised" after moaning by the usual suspects. Nowhere near as difficult as they used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes thats true, the fences at Aintree in particular have been " sanitised" after moaning by the usual suspects. Nowhere near as difficult as they used to be
    They are still bigger fences than anywhere else in the uk though Grist even though they have been, as you say, 'sanitized', and even though, as gru says, that trends are there to be broken for 7 year olds, they haven't broken that trend yet even allowing for the 'sanitizing' of the fences in recent years....its a big ask.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast