+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Read them the Riot Act or we will all end up as losers !

I’ll tell you for sure after a performance like that one yesterday Sirrell would have had ‘em in 9am Sunday morning!

The head coach looked bewildered and shell shocked to me.

He has a job on his hands for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    As has been mentioned in other threads IB did seem very comfortable with the defeat yesterday and will I be interested with how the response goes on Tuesday night. .Everyone seems to have got there excuses in already with there being too many games to play, so he will have limited influence on the team before the end of the season. What about new manager bounce if nothing else..
    Think we have worn out the new manager bounce at Notts.

We're Notts we only bounce downwards.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    After yesterday's non-performance, I think the team should be publically flogged, as boys.

Anyone else been watching 'Terror' on iPlayer?
    Seen it, Brilliant..And I agree!!

The rise of the 'Technocrat Coach'. Football appears to be mirroring the insane technocratic philosophy the world over. This approach is what we call in the trade 'appeal to novelty'. Insofar as, because it new, it must be better, far from the case. The football coaching industry resembles a didactic, top down Cult. Delusions of grandeur, in that they can coach a marshmallow to become cough candy twist. There are no diamonds or triangles, or cones on a pitch in reality.

A process [of indoctrination or education is in use that can be seen as] coercive persuasion or thought reform [commonly called "brainwashing"].

The culmination of this process can be seen by members of the group often doing things that are not in their own best interest, but consistently in the best interest of the group and its leader.

An excessive and misplaced admiration for someone or something, or is something that is popular among a certain segment of society.

A misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPIECINO View Post
    Seen it, Brilliant..And I agree!!
    I'm on episode 9, that Mr Hickey is certainly abit of a tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    If it worked well then Damned United would never have been written.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    The head coach looked bewildered and shell shocked to me.

He has a job on his hands for sure.
    Aside from any purely football problems, he has to figure out who's who. There will be a proportion, not necessarily a minority, who will instinctively distrust anything he says because he was never a pro footballer. Then there will be an overlapping group who won't yet (and maybe never will) forgive him for having replaced their 'gaffer', Neal.

If he likes those kind of challenges he'll be in his element. If he doesn't, he'll look just like he did in his post-match interview...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12