+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 164 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Shay leaving for Herts. That’ll save some Uber awkwardness in the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    No offence DC, but I’m glad you’re not taking Russ Richardson’s job
    haha no offence taken - I just had a look at out of contract players from Scotland. They were the only ones that looked remotely interesting, not necessarily saying we should get them all. I'm hoping we'll be looking a bit wider. I do think those players would be an improvement on some of the guff we've got in the squad presently, but I do hope we're aiming a bit higher.

I'd take a punt on Griffiths - I think Brown will know whether he's likely to recapture his form, so I'd trust his judgement on that one. He's still just 30, and significantly better than any striker we've had in the past 10 years or so. Even playing at 50% of his ability he'd be better than the vast majority of the rubbish we've seen playing up front in recent years. Wages might be an issue I guess.

Hope we still have Marley Watkins number

Would be great to get him back as Dons player
    This season folded completely as soon as he was injured

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post

It wasn’t just Watkins though. Hedges and Ratboy II were playing well as were McCrorie and Ferguson. Plus Hayes was actually fit. The 3-5-2 worked for the first few months, not just because of Watkins (although he did fit the system well), but also because it caught a lot of teams off guard and our wing backs were fit and fresh.
    Other teams sussed out how to play us by pushing us deeper taking away some of the wing back attacking threat.
    I would take Griffith’s over Watkins as a permanent signing. They would probably be about the same age and want the same wages so no real difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post

Hope we don’t, terrible goalscorer and we should expect our new players to be able to play a bit decent football anyway. Time to try new things....no more ex McInnes players.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Shirley there will be a few from the Americas?
    There’s a wee thing called Brexit that you may or may not be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    There’s a wee thing called Brexit that you may or may not be aware of.
    I must be missing something. Why would brexit stop someone from the Americas coming to Scotland to play if they met the qualification criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    A lot will depend on what formation Glass decides to play.

As far as GK goes - I don't want us to sign a "sub goalie" - I want us to get someone in who's actually going to challenge Lewis a bit as he's been pretty complacent at times - particularly since he was stupidly given the captaincy, he seems to just take his place in the team for granted.

If we could get Stephen O'Donnell in at RB I'd take him.

If we could get Declan Gallagher in at CB I'd probably take him.

The left winger boy at St Mirren, Ilkay Durmas is out of contract (I think) - I've always thought he carried more attacking threat than most of our attacking players, so might be worth a look.

If we could get Leigh Griffiths up front I'd take him.

The boy Devante Cole at Motherwell is also out of contract I think - he's got a lot of pace and banged in a few goals for a pretty poor team this season.

Those are just a few names from the list of out of contract players in Scotland I found online - hopefully we'll be looking a bit wider than that though.
    I agree on the goalie front but id approach it in a different way. I would sign any old **** keeper for 6 or 12 months because I would replace Lewis later. Weve bigger fish to fry this summer than replacing the keeper so I'd not spend too much money on it and stay flexible to change later.

if we aspire to be a passing team then Lewis wont be the goalie

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    I must be missing something. Why would brexit stop someone from the Americas coming to Scotland to play if they met the qualification criteria?
    Maybe he thought it Playa Las Americas.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Maybe he thought it Playa Las Americas.

It wouldn`t. Any old International will get a work permit. ?

" Global Britain " is open to all and sundry.

( And if they don`t get a permit, we can just stick them in an inflatable boat at Calais and let them row over . ? Work well that , id they turn out to be no use, we can just get them exported again . Wheech !!! )

OK, Ok. It`s a JOKE ........

Page 2 of 164 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast