+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/...sfers-20512886

List of all the out of contract players in English Championship. Here’s a few with connections to Scotland...

Jordan Archer

Charlie Mulgrew
    Clark Robertson
    Lee Wallace

Marvin Johnston
    Barrie McKay

Jordan Rhodes
    Marley Watkins
    Martin Waghorn
    Louis Moult
    Josh Ginnely
    A few has beens and never will be’s in that list .

Who would you sign from that , Watkins /Moult?

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post

Rhodes would be a far better striker option than Watkins and Moult. I really don’t see why people want us to sign Watkins. He was a very poor striker but had a decent touch and could pass. Surely any signings we make from now on should at least be able to control a ball and pass it!

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post

Not sure I personally would be rushing out to sign any of them but to be fair I’ve literally no idea how any of them have been playing the last year or two.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re looking at one or two. When I saw Mulgrew’s name I wondered if he could be one of the internationals Brown was bringing with him. Lee Wallace could sort out the LB issue.

Let’s not be looking at the English second division for unwanted players.

We’ve had to suffer that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Let’s not be looking at the English second division for unwanted players.

We’ve had to suffer that for years.
    USA Reserve League it is then! Look forward to a few more Jon Gallagher's!

It will be interesting to see what markets we start shopping in during the Glass era - I really think it'll still be Scotland, England and the USA. Can't see us suddenly bringing in lots of players from Europe, Africa and South America. It would make things a bit more interesting though to get a few "unknown quantities" in rather than the usual suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Sad times - you’re about the only person who ever posts anything worth reading on here! The rest of us just talk nonsense (we do it exceptionally well to be fair!)
    Agree with that. MSM come out of retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Why would Hibs signing a young winger have anything to do with them signing Leigh Griffiths?
    Adding a decent young attacking winger like Daniel Mackay, to a forward line that already consists of, Doidge, Nisbet and Boyle, suggests to me there will be no place for Griffiths in that line up.
    As for us we don't have a single striker with the exception of young boy Ruth under contract. The thumb would be a brilliant signing for us, and I would also be in comms with the fairmers about brining in Hendry full time

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Would not be surprised at all if Scott Brown will be influential in getting the thumb to sign on with the dons for next season, could be a superb signing for us.

COYR
    Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Not. Happening.
    watch this space min..............

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Adding a decent young attacking winger like Daniel Mackay, to a forward line that already consists of, Doidge, Nisbet and Boyle, suggests to me there will be no place for Griffiths in that line up.
    As for us we don't have a single striker with the exception of young boy Ruth under contract. The thumb would be a brilliant signing for us, and I would also be in comms with the fairmers about brining in Hendry full time
    More than a decent chance Nisbet will be sold.

Page 30 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast