+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Not sure how old this JET is , but we are really needing to bring in hungry young players willing to work ,improve and we can sell on .
    Along with an experienced spine of team ( which looks like Glass is the getting in place first) to help these young guys develop.

If he fits that criteria,then he may well be a target.
    We need strikers , and if have a physical presence , it may be option , first pick or off bench .

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Not sure how old this JET is , but we are really needing to bring in hungry young players willing to work ,improve and we can sell on .
    Along with an experienced spine of team ( which looks like Glass is the getting in place first) to help these young guys develop.

If he fits that criteria,then he may well be a target.
    We need strikers , and if have a physical presence , it may be option , first pick or off bench .
    He’s 30.

It’s a no from me .

Quote Originally Posted by torry_battery_ram View Post
    We have also just lost £10 million in the pandemic. I fear this is more likely the type of players we will be signing this summer.
    We’ll wait & see.
    But IF it is, then we’ve been lied to.

Are we building a team of over 30s?

Nothing like building for the future

Quote Originally Posted by torry_battery_ram View Post
    We have also just lost £10 million in the pandemic. I fear this is more likely the type of players we will be signing this summer.
    We haven’t lost £10m...that’s a myth. Our money men have put in finances, we have sold players so things aren’t that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We haven’t lost £10m...that’s a myth. Our money men have put in finances, we have sold players so things aren’t that bad.
    It takes time to build a team , no matter how much money you have to play with. Look at " Pep" at Man City. Only just , finally , got them into the Chumps league final. And they`ve spent mental amounts.

Players will come and go , before Glass ( may ) get the right mix for his system.

It`s not going to happen all at once. And if I was an " astute " multi millionaire business man who had bought his hometown team , for the fun of it. I wouldn`t just throw money at it until I could see that there was potential progress ?

So, right enough , Cormack said we should be aimimng to win everything we enter. But that`s an attitude to approach things with. Not a commitment to win everything tomorrow !!

AND, mind that this season is still not over. There will be a lot more "stuff" to come .?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Are we building a team of over 30s?

Nothing like building for the future

Just getting the experience on board.
    Our 3 main coaches will already have the youth starlets lined up.

I hope

Bruce Anderson signing a new contract?...this could be the striker we need.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Bruce Anderson signing a new contract?...this could be the striker we need.
    Him and Devlin........boo

That's hardy inspiring nor will it shift season tickets

Opportunity to ship them both out. Lets take it

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Him and Devlin........boo

That's hardy inspiring nor will it shift season tickets

Opportunity to ship them both out. Lets take it
    There's a big difference between the two. Devlin is permanently injured - it's a ridiculous idea giving him a new contract. Anderson on the other hand has never had a chance really - he's scored a couple of goals in the brief opportunities he's had, and made a real impact in a poor Hamilton team given a run of games. I'm not saying he's going to turn into a world beater - but he's got a striker's instinct and working with Russell he might just shine. He didn't fit the McInnes mould of striker, and playing in a defensive McInnes team he was never given much supply to work with. I think I'd give him another year to prove himself under the new management team.

Page 37 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast