+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 164 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    With Eddie Howe coming in as Celtic boss I wonder if it will hinder us taking Leigh Griffiths from them. Stephen Glass will give us an insight into a few signings once he starts the job here....it’s a long row over the Atlantic so be patient.
    Is he rowing or swimming over?

On the Griffiths thing, I reckon Brown will persuade him to come to Aberdeen for season or two. Celtic are moving onto new things and will likely turnover a large percentage of the squad - new manager will have players in mind. I think Griffiths will thrive on being a main man in a team again rather than a bit part player.

As long as they lock him up between games* he'll be a great signing.

* allow him out for training sessions.

How about Saido Berahino and Leigh Griffiths up front for us next season?

How about Saido Berahino and Leigh Griffiths up front for us next season?
    And if Glass or Brown can then persuade their old pal Gary O’Connor out of retirement we’ll have a perfect trio of bampots up front. We can maybe even try for Riordan? It’s incredible how many talented wasters come out of Leith when you think about it (and I know Berahino has no Hibs link before it’s pointed out!).

Just saw Griffiths in Greggs on Union Street. Overheard him telling the lassie behind the counter Aberdeenshire Council are knocking two cooncil hooses together in Westhill for him and his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Just saw Griffiths in Greggs on Union Street. Overheard him telling the lassie behind the counter Aberdeenshire Council are knocking two cooncil hooses together in Westhill for him and his kids.

On a more serious note, if we sign Griffiths I will be far more impressed with that type of signing than having the likes of an injured Marley Watkins type. We currently have a major non goal scoring problem so we need whoever the new strikers are to be of a far better standard. Let’s be ambitious...The Anchor Man days are gone.

A note to other teams....

Beware of the Glass!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_End_Bob View Post
    And if Glass or Brown can then persuade their old pal Gary O’Connor out of retirement we’ll have a perfect trio of bampots up front. We can maybe even try for Riordan? It’s incredible how many talented wasters come out of Leith when you think about it (and I know Berahino has no Hibs link before it’s pointed out!).
    Is that a no thanks?

I would give them a chance as long as both have no issues (as such)

Is that a no thanks?

I would give them a chance as long as both have no issues (as such)
    To be honest I don’t know RJ. Ability wise they would be the best striker signings we’ve made in years and the pair of them would score for fun for us which is an appealing thought. I also think that Berahino now has the choice of being remembered as a complete waste of space or finding a club where he can show just how good he is. I also wouldn’t normally think we had a chance of getting Griffiths but Celtic want rid and maybe Brown can persuade him to come to us for way less money.

So I think they could be brilliant, exciting signings but........then I think of the car crashes they’ve made of stuff off the field (maybe not all their fault but doesn’t change the fact) and I think we need to steer well clear of players like these!

I guess that’s where we are though. We would have no hope of signing guys of their level if they weren’t slightly fecked up in some way! Maybe we just sign them, enjoy the ride while it lasts safe in the knowledge that it will inevitably go tits up at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_End_Bob View Post
    To be honest I don’t know RJ. Ability wise they would be the best striker signings we’ve made in years and the pair of them would score for fun for us which is an appealing thought.
    That’s it then, let’s get them in. What’s not to like about strikers who actually score and look like goalscorers on the pitch? If we are supposedly getting taken to the next level then we definitely need to have teams fearing we will blitz them.

That’s it then, let’s get them in. What’s not to like about strikers who actually score and look like goalscorers on the pitch? If we are supposedly getting taken to the next level then we definitely need to have teams fearing we will blitz them.
    Aye, while the opposition fear us turning up, we wonder whether the pair o’ them will turn up. ��. Probably widnae be boring anyway!

Page 4 of 164 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast