+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Couple of years ago I would say yes , not sure now .
    But he probably better than what we currently have masquerading as strikers just now.

We have to get away from this mindset of re-signing old players who’ve been away for a couple years and getting past their best (Shinnie) and chasing previous signing targets (Moult).

Don’t get me wrong I’d probably be happy to take Shinnie back but it’s uninspiring stuff and you’re going to struggle to win anything with a policy like that unless there is also some real quality brought in as well.

I think you're right, but if you think how hard we've found it to uncover a proper left back, you can see the attractions of Shinnie. But I suspect he has no desire to go back to that position anyway, after so long away. And I'd rather see young MacKenzie brought through and given a chance.

I think it's materially different, but I definitely would like to see Hernandez brought back if his family can come with him. Otherwise, what the hell was all that about? We either need to sell him or bring him back.

If we had a back 4 of Shinnie, McCrorie, Gallagher and Hernandez to start the season, I'd have no complaints at all!

JET signing

Give me strength

Is this confirmed??
    Squad filler??

This is simply not good enough. Wrong side of 30 and interested in signing him because he caused us problems a couple of times like Cutis fecking Main. Season ticket sales will decrease not increase with crap like this.

It's The Sun. And it says "believed to be interested in signing...".

Pinch of salt?

He might not come an he probably is not the player we all want either.
    But ,we have no strikers . This guy might come on a lowish wage , we need several attacking options .
    He may well be an option worth having if other potential signings are smaller,nimbler .
    Plus if he is out of contract in summer he is free to talk with us , other targets may still be under contract and will be unveiled later ( hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    He might not come an he probably is not the player we all want either.
    But ,we have no strikers . This guy might come on a lowish wage , we need several attacking options .
    He may well be an option worth having if other potential signings are smaller,nimbler .
    Plus if he is out of contract in summer he is free to talk with us , other targets may still be under contract and will be unveiled later ( hopefully)
    I’d take JET as an option up top.

It looks like Alan Russell’s contact with emerging talent in England is now over so we’re probably not going to do much in that market now. Let’s hope he is actually a good coach because his contacts through his other role were a big part of why most thought he was a good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    JET signing

Give me strength
    I suspect we’re looking to get at least two new strikers in and have failed in getting our first couple of targets. Maybe we’re working our way down a list. It could get worse yet! 😆

Page 40 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast