+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

When I'm feeling down, I always come on here to read something to lift my spirits.
    It's always full of folk with boundless optimism and having a positive outlook into the unknown future...

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I’d take JET as an option up top.

It looks like Alan Russell’s contact with emerging talent in England is now over so we’re probably not going to do much in that market now. Let’s hope he is actually a good coach because his contacts through his other role were a big part of why most thought he was a good signing.
    I think Jet would be a good signing considering we don't have any strikers at all. We get bullied too easily and nobody is bullying him. I watched him rag doll Goldson during the week.

Russell was always leaving England anyway so doesn't matter too much but does raise questions. I did wonder what his motivation for coming here was.

I think we'll sell Ferguson and sign a playmaker.

I think Glass is going to get rag dolled from his chairman, support & players. Gone by Xmas. We’ll put a safe pair of hands in charge*, qualify for Europe & be bang average for the next decade.

COYR

* There may be a short failed Scott Brown managerial experiment first

A big striker who doesn’t get bullied off the ball but has hardly scored any goals in his career.

Didn’t we just get rid of one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    A big striker who doesn’t get bullied off the ball but has hardly scored any goals in his career.

Didn’t we just get rid of one of those?
    I don't remember having a striker that didn't get bullied off the ball and lost height when he jumped since Shearer.

Anyway, Watkins has just been released as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    JET signing

Give me strength
    I agree. I really don’t see this guy doing much at all on the scoring front for us. Get Griffiths signed up and that should be a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I think Jet would be a good signing considering we don't have any strikers at all. We get bullied too easily and nobody is bullying him. I watched him rag doll Goldson during the week.

Russell was always leaving England anyway so doesn't matter too much but does raise questions. I did wonder what his motivation for coming here was.

I think we'll sell Ferguson and sign a playmaker.
    I didn't realise Russell was going to be leaving England anyway... interesting. He's obviously highly regarded to have a job in that set up anyway. I just thought him being there would give us access to up and coming English talent, but I can't see that being the case any more. Who knows!

I've said for a while that I could see Ferguson move on in the summer and that we would be willing to cash in on him to help finance a rebuild. I wouldn't be against that idea. If he was sold for £3m and we brought in someone like McGrath for £200K I think that would be good business. We have a defensive midfielder in Brown, a couple of others in McGeouch and Campbell and a box to box midfielder in McCrorie. There's not room for them all, so cashing in on Ferguson might be an option. I think McGrath is more attack minded and creative than Ferguson and we might be able to sell him on in a season or two as well.

I'd rather keep Hedges than Ferguson at the moment (ideally I'd keep both, but I think one might be sold).

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't remember having a striker that didn't get bullied off the ball and lost height when he jumped since Shearer.

Anyway, Watkins has just been released as well.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we took in JET, Watkins and Griffiths, and also retained Anderson for another season. They, alongside Hedges who can play off the main front man, would be a good set of forwards, each bringing something different to the party. I'd be happy with those 5 for the new season. I can't see us really getting much better on our budget - if we're expecting 3 Griffiths quality strikers up front next season I think we're in for some disappointment!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I agree. I really don’t see this guy doing much at all on the scoring front for us. Get Griffiths signed up and that should be a priority.
    Ach I dinna ken , we cam sing the wings tune of the same name whenever he scores .....

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Get Griffiths signed up and that should be a priority.
    Will the new mental wellbeing room be installed at the same time? Undoubtedly the boy has talent but what is the point when he is never up for it? Aberdeen is hardly reknowned for getting the best out of previously good players and for this reason I think it isn't worth the gamble. We are already taking a big risk signing an aging midfielder with zero coaching experience.

Page 41 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast