+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 164 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Let’s face it.

Being nae boring would be a massive step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_End_Bob View Post
    Aye, while the opposition fear us turning up, we wonder whether the pair o’ them will turn up. ��. Probably widnae be boring anyway!
    That’s the forward line sorted....who for midfield? Stephen Glass can thank us at Aberdeen Mad later. (Dave Cormack won’t, it’ll cost him a few dollars)

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    That’s the forward line sorted....who for midfield? Stephen Glass can thank us at Aberdeen Mad later. (Dave Cormack won’t, it’ll cost him a few dollars)
    Ha, well we might as well follow through on the “talented but troubled” theme so let’s go for Ravel Morrison or Scott Allan. But It’s probably more likely to be someone from Atlanta reserves. Either way, I hope the new scouting system is more scientific than ours!

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_End_Bob View Post
    Ha, well we might as well follow through on the “talented but troubled” theme so let’s go for Ravel Morrison or Scott Allan. But It’s probably more likely to be someone from Atlanta reserves. Either way, I hope the new scouting system is more scientific than ours!
    Ravel Morrison...good shout because he is an attacking midfielder. Scott Allan no thanks.

As Donsdaft says...being not boring would be a massive step forward.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 03-04-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    As long as they lock him up between games* he'll be a great signing.

* allow him out for training sessions.

If we are supposedly getting taken to the next level
    How many times have we heard reference of taking the club to the "next level" in the last few weeks? What exactly is the "next level" I am still not quite sure WTF that actually is, will we have to crash through the Glass ceiling to get there and what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    How many times have we heard reference of taking the club to the "next level" in the last few weeks? What exactly is the "next level" I am still not quite sure WTF that actually is, will we have to crash through the Glass ceiling to get there and what is it?
    I've been asking myself the same thing. It's like that Chris Rock sketch about black folks being almost "there", wherever the hell "there" is. It's one of these largely undisputed cliche terms which are totally meaningless unless the club are serious about achieving some sort of parity with the uglies in terms of silverware.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Max View Post
    I've been asking myself the same thing. It's like that Chris Rock sketch about black folks being almost "there", wherever the hell "there" is. It's one of these largely undisputed cliche terms which are totally meaningless unless the club are serious about achieving some sort of parity with the uglies in terms of silverware.
    Dave Cormack did state we would be aiming to win every competition we enter in Scotland next season so he may put his money where his mouth is and speculate to accumulate as such. I honestly think if Celtic and Rangers find us a totally different animal next season they would blow up. They don’t like competition and will find it very uncomfortable. All their press pals will be on full alert and would try and make up or spin stories to unsettle us.
    I really hope Cormack etc at Aberdeen show they are upto it.

Dave Cormack did state we would be aiming to win every competition we enter in Scotland next season so he may put his money where his mouth is and speculate to accumulate as such. I honestly think if Celtic and Rangers find us a totally different animal next season they would blow up. They don’t like competition and will find it very uncomfortable. All their press pals will be on full alert and would try and make up or spin stories to unsettle us.
    I really hope Cormack etc at Aberdeen show they are upto it.
    Here's hoping you're right, RJ.

Dave Cormack did state we would be aiming to win every competition we enter in Scotland next season .
    Aye pal he certainly did.
    However he did also say in the same Q&A session that he thinks the club should be aiming to win trophy every few years WTF.

Page 5 of 164 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast