+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 164 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Wonder if the name of Leigh Griffiths is one of the exciting names on that list.
    Surely is, or at least he was! But I think Cormack is only going to agree to the wages it would take to sign someone at that level if there’s at least some chance they’ll play every week. And there probably isn’t!

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Thanks Mainstandmoan, with all due respect to Donsdaft, your my favourite poster
    It’s you’re, not your.

I can kind of understand the Devlin thing. If you're Glass, you've probably never seen him play and yet it's on his CV that he's got 3 Scotland caps. That's surely going to make you think there must be something about him. So if you can get him on the cheap or even pay per play and give yourself a few months to take a look at him, then why not?

All that's assuming we're not offering him some big wage. But if we're in the business of cutting McGinn's wages, then surely we'd take a similar approach with Devlin.

Devlin being offered ,6 months may be Glass covering himself until January window.
    Sunderland already making enquiries about McRorie , don't want caught out on last few days of this window with little defensive cover .

Personally I would release him ...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I can kind of understand the Devlin thing. If you're Glass, you've probably never seen him play and yet it's on his CV that he's got 3 Scotland caps. That's surely going to make you think there must be something about him. So if you can get him on the cheap or even pay per play and give yourself a few months to take a look at him, then why not?

All that's assuming we're not offering him some big wage. But if we're in the business of cutting McGinn's wages, then surely we'd take a similar approach with Devlin.

Exactly. I wonder if Glass has an idea for better training methods from his time in the US ?

And whether the previous training, and general fitness could contribute to the ( what seems to me ) HUGE number of niggly injuries our squad seems to pick up.

( Aye. That may just be me in my " sports trainig" ignorance !! Does every other team get the same number of player injuries these days ? )

Now confirmed that Taylor, Hoban, Leigh and Logan released plus Hornby, Kamberi and Hendry back to their parent clubs. says more info to follow on other playersthat are out of contract

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Now confirmed that Taylor, Hoban, Leigh and Logan released plus Hornby, Kamberi and Hendry back to their parent clubs. says more info to follow on other playersthat are out of contract
    I presume that might mean they are trying to sign deals with McGinn, Devlin and Anderson who are the other senior players out of contract.

Neil, I certainly think our previous training regime/ system/ methods were seriously flawed.
    Look at Cosgrove's comments and those from sesspit regarding the poor physical condition of Wright

On the players being released, I hope Ojo's name appears on it soon.

Be interesting to see which out of contract players are offered new deals and on what terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

The air at Pittodrie will feel cleaner due to the departure of Kamberi.

Something deeply wrong with that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It’s you’re, not your.
    Thanks for the correction. It always irritates me when others make these types of mistakes so it's quite right you pointed this error out to myself and the Aberdeen mad community. I just wish Mainstandmoan had told me off first...

Page 50 of 164 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast