+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 164 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I presume that might mean they are trying to sign deals with McGinn, Devlin and Anderson who are the other senior players out of contract.
    Begs the question why?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Begs the question why?
    MSM said that McGinn has been offered an extension on much reduced money - I would be okay with that as he still has flashes of the old McGinn. He also said Devlin might be pay if you play so again not much to lose if that is the case just to see if he can regain the form he had for a few months when he played for Scotland.

Anderson though is a mystery if we are signing JET and Hendry as how many strikers do you need that would not be first 11 players - surely we have learned that lesson this season

Quote Originally Posted by mainstandmoan View Post
    Well, since you asked so nicely.........

From what I understand Watford have had 2 bids turned down for Ferguson. They have been given a figure to hit, and if as expected they come back in, I'd expect him to go.

Sunderland have only made an enquiry on McCrorie, so that one has been exaggerated. Sunderland have also made an enquiry for Ferguson, but they wont pay the asking price.

The JET deal is done, although not formally signed, I'd expect that to go through this week. The club are after 3 strikers, JET is not seen as a first choice every week, more of a different option for different games. I understand the delay is caused by the uncertainty over the availability of Callum Hendry. Alan Russell likes him, and the club would take him, but St Johnstone are holding out for a fee, so that's probably the end of that, allowing the JET deal to be completed. That may be revisited if first and second choice cannot be achieved. There are some exciting names on that list, but as you can imagine there's a lot up in the air.

McGinn has been offered a new deal on much reduced money. Devlin too, although it may turn out to be a 'pay as you play'

On the subject of Alan Russell the club are less than impressed with his lack of transparency regarding his recent charge. A big emphasis in the statement on the word 'now'

A few other things bubbling along, expect some news later this week..................... big 10 days ahead.
    Thanks MSM - great to see you back.

Please keep us informed as best you can.

Out of interest, any detail on the pish Martindale was spekaing about getting a fee for JET even though he's out of contract?

If we wont (rightly) pay a fee for Hendry, surely we're not looking at any kind of fee for an out of contract player - so is he giving up his signing bonus?

Cheers min
    Last edited by The_Moog; 17-05-2021 at 04:44 PM.

From what I understand Watford have had 2 bids turned down for Ferguson. They have been given a figure to hit, and if as expected they come back in, I'd expect him to go.

Sunderland have only made an enquiry on McCrorie, so that one has been exaggerated. Sunderland have also made an enquiry for Ferguson, but they wont pay the asking price.

The JET deal is done, although not formally signed, I'd expect that to go through this week. The club are after 3 strikers, JET is not seen as a first choice every week, more of a different option for different games. I understand the delay is caused by the uncertainty over the availability of Callum Hendry. Alan Russell likes him, and the club would take him, but St Johnstone are holding out for a fee, so that's probably the end of that, allowing the JET deal to be completed. That may be revisited if first and second choice cannot be achieved. There are some exciting names on that list, but as you can imagine there's a lot up in the air.

McGinn has been offered a new deal on much reduced money. Devlin too, although it may turn out to be a 'pay as you play'

On the subject of Alan Russell the club are less than impressed with his lack of transparency regarding his recent charge. A big emphasis in the statement on the word 'now'

A few other things bubbling along, expect some news later this week..................... big 10 days ahead.
    Cheers MSM, great to see you back and thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Now confirmed that Taylor, Hoban, Leigh and Logan released plus Hornby, Kamberi and Hendry back to their parent clubs. says more info to follow on other players that are out of contract
    I sincerely hope that's just the start.

Its a good start, but we could do with shifting a few more, and a few of them being ones still under contract if possible...

Good to see the Oracle back...
    “Exciting names”....?
    Geez some clues min...
    Don’t tease

"Exciting names" sounds unlikely. When was the last time we signed an "exciting name"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    "Exciting names" sounds unlikely. When was the last time we signed an "exciting name"?
    Charlie Nicholas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Charlie Nicholas? Eoin Jess? Craig Hignett? Years ago regardless!

Names on the list....

Leigh Griffiths
    Christian Ramirez
    Ryan Christie

Mainstandmoan will confirm
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 17-05-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Page 51 of 164 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast