+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 164 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    She married a h*n and let her kids become h*ns.
    That speaks to get character and makes her unfit for the role IMHO.
    But, leaving that aside, taking up the post without first deep cleaning her, and her family's, social media shows a serious lack of PR savvy.
    As long as she herself is a Dons fan I couldn't care less about other members of her family.

Anyway... can we please SIGN SOMEONE!

I wouldn't be surprised if we've been looking at one of St Johnstone's defenders and have offered Kennedy as part of the deal, but it's proving a bit more complicated than we hoped (mainly cos Kennedy is useless).

Also wouldn't be surprised if there's truth in the McGrath from St Mirren thing but they're holding out for more than we're offering - perhaps the sale of Ferguson would see that move go through.

The Clark Robertson deal should be dead in the water now as he's clearly not that keen to join - if that's the case forget about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    As long as she herself is a Dons fan I couldn't care less about other members of her family.

Anyway... can we please SIGN SOMEONE!

I wouldn't be surprised if we've been looking at one of St Johnstone's defenders and have offered Kennedy as part of the deal, but it's proving a bit more complicated than we hoped (mainly cos Kennedy is useless).

Also wouldn't be surprised if there's truth in the McGrath from St Mirren thing but they're holding out for more than we're offering - perhaps the sale of Ferguson would see that move go through.

The Clark Robertson deal should be dead in the water now as he's clearly not that keen to join - if that's the case forget about him.
    Now that McGrath has become a full ROI international, I doubt we’ll be signing him. Too much £££’s.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Now that McGrath has become a full ROI international, I doubt we’ll be signing him. Too much £££’s.
    Quantify " Too much " please ?

Be interesting to see how much Cormack is prepared to back Mr Glass with.......??

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Quantify " Too much " please ?

Be interesting to see how much Cormack is prepared to back Mr Glass with.......??
    McGrath's is decent but is he really worth us blowing a lot of whatever budget we have? spending several hundreds of thousands of £ on a player seems foolish these days unless they are special or would be an investment. I doubt St Mirren will agree to let him go for anything less than £500k. I think that level of money needs to be spent on forwards - where we are hugely deficient - or defenders similarly thin on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_End_Bob View Post
    Think we might have been sniffing about a couple of St. Johnstone players with little success......so far! Whether signing their players would boost ST sales is another matter.
    I am not going to knock St.Johnstone because they have been dar more successful in the last decade trophy wise than us. But as you say, season tickets would hardly increase with the signing of any of their players.
    What has happened to Ramirez...all paper talk but nothing in reality?

Since I am the only ITK poster nowadays, I can inform you all that we have pulled the plug on the Clark Robertson pursuit. No players will be signed today as Dave Cormack doesn’t like parting with cash on a Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    What has happened to Ramirez...all paper talk but nothing in reality?
    He might or might not be in a hotel in Dyce

We certainly don’t want to be scrambling around at the last minute signing s’hite.

We’ve had enough of that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    McGrath's is decent but is he really worth us blowing a lot of whatever budget we have? spending several hundreds of thousands of £ on a player seems foolish these days unless they are special or would be an investment. I doubt St Mirren will agree to let him go for anything less than £500k. I think that level of money needs to be spent on forwards - where we are hugely deficient - or defenders similarly thin on the ground
    It depends on what we estimate his potential future value might be... If we paid £400K for him just now, and he has a good season with us, getting into double figures for goals and catching the eye, we could sell him for over a million a year later. It's always a risk though. I agree that there are other positions we need to strengthen more though.

These are the kind of signings we should be making though.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    McGrath scored 17 goals last season from Midfield, we don't have any midfielders capable of scoring anywhere near that

Fill your team with goals from everywhere and your not hanging your entire attacking game plan on 1 or 2 players

Page 94 of 164 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast